Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am new to the yamaha world. i recently bought an 04 yfz450 and it seems to be burning really hot and while im riding at a pretty good speed at a steady throttle position it spits and sputters once in awhile and pops and throws flames while decelerating. it has full curtis sparks exhaust and curtis sparks foam filter no lid.

i just took the carb off and the main jet read 175 on it. it also has a billet air/fuel mixture screw numbers ranging 1-4. it will screw in and out with the numbers all going around several times. im in the process of cleaning the carb so if anyone has diagrams or any info and steps to do a full clean on it and where to set the air fuel screw. also curious about the little plastic dial off the left side that sets towards the back of a sealed case with wires coming out of it. it would be greatly appreciated to get some help! also is a very cold/hard starting bitch (maybe its the battery seems to die easily if sitting over night taking a lot of cranks from trying to start).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.