Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im new on this forum but i have a little problem i bought my first blaster not running took the carb apart cleaned the whole fuel system and my bike still will not start i checked and i do have a spark and just today i sprayed some carb cleaner in the carb and it started ran for like three seconds and died out i tried it again sprayed some fore fluid and gave it some throttle and still just ran for a few short seconds and turned off.... without me spraying the carb it will not even sound like it wants to start.... i need some help any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated.... thank you

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sounds to me like you are still not getting fuel. I too am new to the blaster but the basics are there. If you pull the fuel line off do you have good flow to the carb? If you pull the float bowl is there fuel in there?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes im pretty sure their is because if i give it little too much throttle to start it seems to choke and spill gas all over the floor... im thinking of pulling the top end off and checking out the piston still have not done that..... ive been told that their might not be enough compression but i dont know what compression level it should be at.... well thanks anyways with your input i appreciate it

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well I am in exactly the same boat as you right now. I picked up a non running blaster, was told it might need a piston, can get it to run off gum gutter but it doesn't sound strong. Supposedly the carb was gone through but I have not verified this.

From what I have found the compression should come up to 135-140psi if good. Another thing to check is the exhaust. I know with other 2 strokes the factory spark arrestor can get clogged and from what I have read on the blasters they run a bit rich on the oil. Block off plate coming once this thing is up and running.

I hope to work on it a bit tonight and if I do I will let you know what I find but my girl is coming by so might not have as much time to dive into it. Please post anything you find as well just in case we have the same problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Turns out the keyway on the magneto sheared. I picked one up today, hopefully that was it!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone figure this out? Had a running Blaster when bought it but we needed to lube chain so sat for 2 weeks now wont start~ any help would be amazing! She will start as long as you give her gas but will only run for a short while and then shut off!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts