Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,

so iv got a 2007 yfz 450, and like everyone knows they are commonly a hot running rig, well mine had gotten to the point that it was snapping all the heat guard rackets off of the header, after re-welding them all on, i then did a full coolant flush and an oil system flush and topped both up with new stuff, well it still persisted to run hot and a couple weeks later while running across the sand pit i heard a god awfull noise, so i killed it jumped off and started looking at it and wouldnt you know it blew the header pip right off the sun of a gun, it was about 50 feet back. im wondering if i get another header stock or not, is this just gunna happen again, is the motor gunna blow something else or is this just another common occurrence.

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
for gods sake, re jet the damn bike, or figure out whats wrong, do you have any idea how bad it has to be to blow the bungs off the header, or to blow the header off itself?

its obviously running lean as hell, or something else is seriously wrong...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Right on!!! DID you fiill er back up with fluid after the flush LOL But seriously like leveldrummer said rejet the darn thing. No bike should ever get that hot if it's a factory bike no mods then yes rejet it!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts