Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, the starter on my 03 warrior went a while ago, so i just got the pull start conversion kit. Since i have started bigger snowmobiles by pull start before, it has been pretty easy for me to start, even though i have a 10.25 :1 comp piston, and no decomp switch. well, i figured to lessen my chances of having any other electrical problems in the future, i would try something. heres what i did: took out the battery, took off the ground battery wire. took off the positive wire from the solenoid ( this included the 15 amp main fuse). off of both, the posi and negative wire were little wires, i unpluged those both, and wrapped the ends in tape. i pulled the starter one pull and it fired up and ran great. i was just wondering if anybody else has done this, and if it is safe because i dont want to run it anymore to make sure it wont short out my magneto (MAG), especially without the posi on the solenoid anymore, or a main fuse, just because i wasnt sure if the mag had to have somewhere to send power ( like a power generator to charge the battery). thanks ppl. btw, i am also posting this in the warrior forum.

thanks,
josh

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Shouldn't hurt it. Banshee's and Blasters don't use batteries. Will your lights still work? Another tip is after you remove the battery, remove all the bolts holding the rear fender on. I did that with both my Warrior to access the rear shock quicker to adjust my rear lowering link when I raced TT.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts