Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to repack my sparks pipe silencer with some new packing sparks sent me. Does anybody have any tips on doing this. It looks like it is going to be tough fitting this packing in there. It looks like a small pillow. The size of this pillow looking packing is aprox. 12"x12". Thanks.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I haven't repacked a Sparks but I did have one apart to straighten the canister.
It was kind of a bitch getting the inside pipe lined up again when we were putting it back together.

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
you will have to drill out the rivits, pull then end out it has the core attached, wrap the new packing around it and slide it back in, replace the rivits you drilled out. one thing that will make this easier is drill out the rivits that hold the name plate on the silencer, it is a pain in the balls to get the new packing in around the rivits if you don't.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Me and a buddy of mine are going to do this today. Sparks sent three rivets, I will have to go get some more if I pull the name plate off. I sure hope this cures my problem I have been experiencing. Sparks thinks the new packing will do the trick. See "My raptor needs help" thread if you are interested in my problem.

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
yeah just get two more rivits let me know how ya make out

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everything went good. It took a couple of attempts to get the baffle over the header pipe though. The new packing has fixed my afterfire/stall problem. The old packing was pretty much shot. So far so good.

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
nice to hear all worked out.

·
Registered
513 Posts
how much was the packing from sparks
do you know if they sell the name plate for the pipe separate because all the yellow paint has chipped off mine and it looks like crap
thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The packing was 20 bucks plus shipping. I would think they would sell you the name plate separate, though I do not know for sure. You could always just take the name plate off and put rivets or something to cover the small holes where the name plate was.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts