Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been trying to get this raptor jetted for some time now with no luck.
686 big bore
Big gun slip on
K&n filter
PB delete

Have replaced base and head gaskets, timing chain, and reset valves.

Tried stock 140/145 all the way to 165/170 mains. 2 turns out with stock needle in mid. Still have the same issue

Currently trying with some no name aftermarket ones I had around with a more drastic taper. Going thru all the mains again. Still 2 turns out and clip at 2/5 raising it alittle.
Below is a clip of my issue. Its like it hits a wall mid throttle in all gears.

Here's my problem

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
that is a rev limiter not carb. my guess since you did the brake delete it is the reverse revlimiter but double check the parking brake delete

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The PB delete was done before I got it but it's my understanding that if the plug is uninstalled at the lever and the cover thing is over the rear caliper that's all it needs correct?

I have not done the rev limiter yet. I tried one day but when I touched the green/white wire to the neg battery post it melted the wire almost instantly. I dont know of that means its a bad ground somewhere, the PO did some ghetto wiring like moved the key to under the seat just before the neg terminal and put a toggle switch where the old key was ( I'm guessing) as well as put the fan on another toggle switch for some reason.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so ive become almost certain its gotta me a rev limiter. If you watch the first video I posted in my first post here to see the symptom.
I took off the green/white wire from reverse sensor and ran it up to the battery and when I try and ground the wire its just sparks. It won't spark if I touch it to the ground point on engine but if I do and try and start the quad it melts the wire almost instantly.
I also started it with the green/white wire disconnected and NOT grounded and get the same symptom. Its ok till about half throttle then hits a wall
Below is a video
Grounding rev wire

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok success! After realizing that unplugging the green/white reverse wire from the switch and it ran exactly the same I concluded that had to be my problem. I was unable to ground the wire by simply unplugging it and running it to the battery as it sparked ( must have been a issue in the wire between sensor and cdi) so I cut the green/white wire about 3 inches from the cdi and ran a wire from the plug side to the negative terminal and BINGO she revs like a beast. I fought for so long thinking it was a jetting issue when it was a limiter. I will leave these posts and the videos I attached so others can compare to their issue. Pay attention to the video of me reving the engine and you can hear what the limiter sounds like to get a idea.
Many Thanks to Cory for calling it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts