Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Glock 23, and wanted to know if it is bad on the clips to keep them loaded all the time? I don't think it would make the spring in the clip go bad, but just wanted to see what other people thought.

Thanks

Jonah

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Well if you are worried about it, and have two magazines, just keep only one loaded and swap them out once in a while. Also if it is going to sit for a long time, then make sure that the mag isnt totally soaked in oil, otherwise it can seep its way into the powder of the ammo and make them duds!

·
Registered
102 Posts
it can be bad but its a real easy fix. I keep my ruger and xd clips loaded all the time but then i started having pop up in my ruger. After taking the gun to the smith he showed me what happened and how to fix it. You can buy extra springs and and fix your clip in a few min. I still keep one clip of each loaded with some nasty hot hollow points. But you can also buy a new spring and use it as a guide like i do and strech out worn spring till its back up to snuff. Btw this isnt weeks that this happened more like a year straight. So if you start having feed jams or popups try a new spring it should fix it

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Stars n Stripes said:
Won't hurt a thing.

OK then it seems some people on here dont know shhit about guns,
This is the deal over time you will weekin the spring in the clip and will wear out some time but it sould be a long time. If you have a good spring
and replacing a sping in glock clip is real easy. I have a glock 21 i keep loaded buy the bed 13 in the clip one in the tube. So you will be ok for now but 20 years down the road who know but who gives a crap thats 20 years.

·
Registered
347 Posts
RaptorMan03 said:
Stars n Stripes said:
Won't hurt a thing.

This is the deal over time you will weekin the spring in the clip and will wear out some time but it sould be a long time. If you have a good spring
and replacing a sping in glock clip is real easy. I have a glock 21 i keep loaded buy the bed 13 in the clip one in the tube. So you will be ok for now but 20 years down the road who know but who gives a crap thats 20 years.

Since you are pointing out that people "dont know shhit about guns..." add yourself to that list. It is a magazine not a clip.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
leave um loaded..... thats what they are for.....lol

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
DC said:
RaptorMan03 said:
Stars n Stripes said:
Won't hurt a thing.

Lis

Since you are pointing out that people "dont know shhit about guns..." add yourself to that list. It is a magazine not a clip.
Listen asshole they are the same thing, i wrote the list and i put you on it and the dick head list too

·
Registered
347 Posts
If you own a firearm you should conduct routine maintenance on it, that includes firing rounds through the chamber and cleaning. By operating the weapon you will help ensure that it will function in a time that may be critical to your safety and will keep you familiar with weapon when you need it most. If you are concerned with magazine durability, rotate which magazine you keep loaded every time you shoot it.

And RaptorMan03, I am glad I can help you boost that low self esteem you have. Keep up the name calling and put downs, you will be ready to join society in no time.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
RaptorMan03 said:
DC said:
RaptorMan03 said:
Stars n Stripes said:
Won't hurt a thing.

Lis

Listen asshole they are the same thing, i wrote the list and i put you on it and the dick head list too
Actually they aren't the same.. the magazine is the little thing you slide into the handle full of bullets... like some people say they have a 14 round clip including one in the chamber. It's a 14 round capability but 13 are in the mag, one is in the chamber.

Hope that made a little sense...

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
DC said:
RaptorMan03 said:
Stars n Stripes said:
Won't hurt a thing.

To start off, you are just flaming, everyone knows that a clip refers to a magazine... whatever man.
RaptorMan03 was actually trying to help someone maintain their gun, and you come on here with a great one liner. We are so impressed with your knowledge, thank you for your info.
:roll:

Next time instead of posting snotty comments, go lay by your dish and lick your nuts instead.

AND ANYWAY... yes to the starter of this thread, go out and practice with the gun every once in a while, (a box of ammo a payday is reasonable) to ensure that you are fresh with the weapon, and make sure you clean it everytime. Make sure you shoot up the ammo that has been sitting in the "clip" as well.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Actually pokey, while you were sitting by your dish, licking your nuts, you forgot to notice that RaptorMans comment of people not knowing shit about guns, wasn't helping any with the thread. I see his ignorance is contagious, you might want to get yourself checked out.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
RaptorMan03 said:
Stars n Stripes said:
Won't hurt a thing.

That was Raptor Man's post...

So he had one negative comment, and a whole bunch of stuff to help.
Your post was all crap. But, what else can we expect from a damn Xerox machine.
Go hump somebody's leg little puppy.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Funnny as hell... look at this one, he actually labeled it stud.jpg... whoowheee!
Scrawny little bugger!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts