Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 Raptor and I have it jetted, filtered, and piped. I also have 4 friends that all bought raptors after riding mine. We race and ride alot we all are always looking for the right performace parts to give us that edge over eachother. I have the carbon fiber GTY-R pipe and was looking at buying the GTY-R headers for it. I'm just wondering if this is a good buy for my bike and what I can expect as far as sound and performance?

Riding Blue for LIFE!!!:rock:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
The gytr is a good pipe for low and midrange. It's a little smaller than stock and is great for stock motors. If you plan on dipping into the engine you may want to buy a different full system. If you are just going to do bolt ons, its a great add on, especially since you already have the slip on.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
The GYT-R header should fit any slip on pipe. :tup:

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
I am going to try a fmf power bomb with a white bros R4 slip on.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
03LimitedEditionRaptor said:
I am going to try a fmf power bomb with a white bros R4 slip on.
Raptorgril ran a power bomb with her Yosh on her Raptor back when she had it, so I do not see why it would not work with a WB. :tup:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have the same pipe and am looking into GYTR headers, Would i have to rejet? I know you should but will it run like crap if i dont?

·
Registered
248 Posts
AyeKay said:
I have the same pipe and am looking into GYTR headers, Would i have to rejet? I know you should but will it run like crap if i dont?
With any mod that makes the motor flow better you have to re-jet. Improving the flow through the motor means more fuel is needed. If you put a better flowing exhaust on your bike be it a full system, a slip on, header pipe or any combo of these bottom line is your messing with flow through the engine. Messing with air cleaners will give you the same effect here also. If you dont up the jetting you will starve your enging of fuel and it will run hotter than it should (lean) and you'll do some major damage to the engine in time.Not to many people do mods where a rich (to much fuel) mixture comes into play so I'll skip that.

So it's not a question of running like crap , it's more like saving your pocket book or credit card.

·
Registered
84 Posts
But the original question has not been answered. Will adding the GYT-R header make a difference worth the $200? I have a GYT-R pipe, GYT-R jet ket, K&N with adaptor plate and lid removed.

I would also like to know from somone who has used the pipe if it is worth the money and time to install, not from just guessing what it might do.

Mark

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Raptorgirl said when she added a Powerbomb header to her Yosh it made an noticable improvement. But to whether it is worth $200 is a personal choice.

For your $200 investment you will get a increase in power that you will notice, but not the type of improvements you saw from the silencer since the GYT-R pipe is pretty close to the same size as the stock header. So bottom line is what do you want to get for your $200? Is 2 or so HP worth $200?

Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sorry, I don't see that post. But it still doesn't address the the GYTR mods. Not trying to be a pain, but would like some input from someone who has these parts.

Mark

·
Registered
275 Posts
just put it on my 05.
gytr header + can
k&n
jet kit.

the header did change the sound, not quite as deep and more rappy sounding. I had the can on for a week before I got the header.

I just finished it all last nite so I havent rode it yet.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Tease405 said:
For your $200 investment you will get a increase in power that you will notice, but not the type of improvements you saw from the silencer since the GYT-R pipe is pretty close to the same size as the stock header. So bottom line is what do you want to get for your $200? Is 2 or so HP worth $200?

Hope that helps a little.
AGREE

heres my $.02

I ran the GYT-R slip & stock header and felt an increase , had to jump up 1 stage on jets. Then I added the GYT-R header and my jet4power showed no need to up the jetting nor did I feel any thing to talk about as far as power, but it did look 100% better than stock. Now I'm running the LTE's and had to jump up one more stage in jets.

So in short the GYT-R header was junk IMO execpt for the looks of it. So I dont think it will help any slip on if it didn't help it's own YAMAHA GYT-R slip-on.

·
Registered
275 Posts
they do look alot better!!

I'm riding it this weekend, but I wont be able to tell what affect just the header did with the other mods I did at the same time..

:hey:

·
Registered
248 Posts
When I did my motor a lot of mods were done at the same time so I didn't know what was worth while and what wasn't. I learned my lesson that time and waisted a lot of money. So now it's one at a time so I can tell what does what. Like TEASE said they arnt much bigger than the stock headers but they flow somewhat better due to the collector being back 6 or so inches further than the stock header.

What will help the YAMAHA headers both stock & GYT-R is to get the bead of weld off the inside where the flange is welded to the pipe itself. Dont get to greedy or you'll lose the strength. From the factory the bead is like 1/8" thick all around....can you say WALL :wtf:. Get that smoothed down and you'll pick up some bottom end toqure :tup: Alot of stupid mods like this add up and is cheaper than bolt-on mods.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts