Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not a member on any gaming boards so hopefully someone can provide me some information. I was playing GTA on Thursday night when my game glitched and froze. This was the first time that this had happened to me while playing GTA and I was surprised that it froze up. I proceeded to reset the PS and I got and odd error message. "Error in reading disc Grand Thief Auto : San Andreas". It was late so I just turned it off and went to bed.

Friday when I got home from work I cleaned my playstation and then loaded GTA and prepared to get some butt. Once again I got the strange error message and the game would not load. I then put five other games that I have in the PS and everyone of them loaded with no problem. Finally I called up one of my friends and asked him if he had any problems with his game. He told me that he did not but that the exact same thing that was happening to my game happened to one of his friends.

So here is my questions. Has anyone else had a problem with there game? Has anyone heard of any problems?

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
I was at EB games the other night and two people claimed the same thing, they took the glitched discs back and gave them new ones right there, so it must be a common problem

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you save with cheats activated? This will really screw the game up, check the disk for any dirt, scratches etc, and a website I used to go to all the time explained in steps how to fix a disk read error, sometimes the laser has to be completely readjusted. I'll look for the link on how to fix the disk read error for you.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
My old GTA Vice City did this, the game was old anyways, but it was not scratched at all and it did this, i think it has to do with the cheats that you type in, i know on San Andreas it warns you not to save with cheats right before you save, so im sure that the cheats had probably messed it up :tdown:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wideopen said:
Did you save with cheats activated? This will really screw the game up, check the disk for any dirt, scratches etc, and a website I used to go to all the time explained in steps how to fix a disk read error, sometimes the laser has to be completely readjusted. I'll look for the link on how to fix the disk read error for you.
Well I do not use any type of cheats at any time. I personally think that cheats take away from the game.

The disc read error fix is for if your PS2 is not reading any disc. Mine reads every game just fine except GTA San Andreas so I don't think that is the problem.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Yeah I have the same problem. Zblaster also has the same problem and he got a new copy and that did the same thing. Im gunna bring it back but I dont know if I still have my receipt. Every other game loads in the PS2 but SA... :tdown:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Down Town said:
wideopen said:
Well I do not use any type of cheats at any time. I personally think that cheats take away from the game.

The disc read error fix is for if your PS2 is not reading any disc. Mine reads every game just fine except GTA San Andreas so I don't think that is the problem.
You probably got a defective copy, take it back :nod:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cvillecoldblood said:
Yeah I have the same problem. Zblaster also has the same problem and he got a new copy and that did the same thing. Im gunna bring it back but I dont know if I still have my receipt. Every other game loads in the PS2 but SA... :tdown:
I'm concerned about them taking it back since it's an electronics item. I am pretty sure that I do not have a receipt but I do have the transaction day and time on my debt card.

How could there be that many defective copies out there? :wtf: I bought mine the first day that it came out. I wonder if it is just the first batch?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Im not sure either, the problem with me is that I bought it with cash. Some people I know have had the same problem and brought it back. Some of them instantly got a new copy with no questions asked, and others had no chance. So its not just us with this problem.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
mines doin that shit... i took the first copy that was doin it back, the second one does the same shit... this time im just gonna get my money back and get NFSU2

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Its your ps2, not the game. Check your other games if they work and see if they have the same color cd, you're getting the common PS2 disc read error.

·
Registered
960 Posts
My brand ne Ghost Recon was doing that on both of my playstation 2's, and it was brand new! Like just out of the case! :s96:

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
2003BlAcKnReDbLaStEr said:
Its your ps2, not the game. Check your other games if they work and see if they have the same color cd, you're getting the common PS2 disc read error.

Yep, its your ps2. Look around on the net, it happens with lots of different games. My ps2 used to do it, so i sold it and got an xbox. There are certain adjustments you can make if you open your ps2 up...it voids the warrantee but often fixes the problem. Google.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
TopGunnYFZ450 said:
Mine was doing the same thing so i turned my disc speed up to fast and hasent happened since!
How do u do that... and its not my ps2... ive never had a problem before this and this is the only game it does it on...

·
Registered
804 Posts
um when its in the menu before it starts to play the game it hink you push triangle and thena list should come up saying playstation dvd and so on go to the playstation one and sturn the speed from regular to fast!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
blasterboy88 said:
2003BlAcKnReDbLaStEr said:

Yep, its your ps2. Look around on the net, it happens with lots of different games. My ps2 used to do it, so i sold it and got an xbox. There are certain adjustments you can make if you open your ps2 up...it voids the warrantee but often fixes the problem. Google.
If you read my post you will see that I say every other game that I have is working fine. Also the common PS2 Disc read error will not let you load your game at all. GTA will load all the credits and play the music but when the disc goes to load a new game or a saved game it freezes. I don't think that this is the same thing or at least I have not heard of other games partically loading. I have seen disc read errors where is just won't load the disc but not a partical load then a freeze.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts