Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that claims her stock 04 Grizzly will run 85mph. Is there any chance that it will go that fast? Thanks

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Is there any way that maybe the grizzlys speedo often gets messed up because i also have a friend who claims his grizzly will do 80 something and then he let me ride it and the speed sayz 80 but i can tell that it isnt moving that fast, it felt like maybe 60 something at the most, so maybe grizzlys have somethign wrong with their speedos :shrug:

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
I just read the latest Dirtwheels article on the new King Quad 700. It topped out at 72 m.p.h. so therefore, I'm assuming a Grizzly 660 would only do 68 m.p.h. to 70 m.p.h. in stock form.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i ride with a friend hes got a grizzly. his speedo never gets 80, he said it was near top speed once and it was going from 59-60. Those are pretty fast but nowhere near 80

·
Registered
783 Posts
i rode my friends grizzly a while back on a long open road i got to open it up and to my surprise it was alot faster than i thought it was. they aint slow.

·
Registered
269 Posts
As you can see by my sig, I have an '04 Grizzly (it's all stock, by the way). The last time I pinned the throttle, it stopped accelerating at 64. It is possible that had I been on the flat for another mile it may have gone a little faster, but I think 64 is right around it's stock top speed. No way it would hit 80, unless it was rolling down hill in neutral.

·
Registered
268 Posts
my 02 grizz with pipe k&n jetted with 26" 4 ply "lite tires" hit 68mph on a a slite down hill grade and dirt road ..i had a little left, but all speedo's are off.with my 6ply mud tires dont think i could get over 60 mph 80 my rappy will not do that

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Stock mine did 66 to 67 flatland. 68 downhill hitting the rev limiter. Exhaust, intake mods and other fun stuff later it will top out at 72 still bouncing off the limiter. It is stuck to 72 by the rev limiter and the gears. You can make it accellerate like a bat out of hell with clutch mods and such but until a new CDI is out (there are a few) you are stuck at 72 unless you can change the gears. Also with a 27in tire it still hits 72. The extra weight kinda robs from it more than the taller profile changes the gear ratio.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
When i had the foloowing on my grizzly it did 66mph on a down hills strip road. It had a HMF pipe,K&N,Dalton clutch kit,26" mudrunners 6ply tires. Down my road that is a slight down hill on its the main road and i could do 64mph. Now with a procircuit pipe,K&N,Dalton clutch kit,and 27" mudbugs 6 ply i can do around 59 or 60mph down my road and around 61 to 62mph down that same down hill strip cut road. So they slowed me down a bit. O well i want it to have the g/c,power,and get me were i want to go. Still not ever 4x4 will hit 60mph my old rancher toped about 50mph at the very tops and my dad 2000 foreman 4x4 es tops 42mph with 26' 589's.

BAck when my grizzly had the HMF pipe,K&N,Dalton clutch kit,26" mudrunners 6ply tires and my friend keith had a scrambler with a e series pipe,K&N,clutch kit and 22" and 23" bearclaws that were 4ply me and him would run just about even on bottom and mid range on top hit would be in front of me like 2 quad lenths. So i didn't thinkt he grizzly did to bad. ALso keep in mind with 27" tires you are trippin the speedo so it might be going faster than that 61-62mph.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
If they have big tires on them it will throw off the speedo. Oh, wait nevermind, it will make it read slower. Sorry.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
rookie said:
If they have big tires on them it will throw off the speedo. Oh, wait nevermind, it will make it read slower. Sorry.
Bigger tires give you more topend, smaller tires give you more bottom end. So bigger tires willl read more

·
Registered
269 Posts
Crazed said:
rookie said:
Bigger tires give you more topend, smaller tires give you more bottom end. So bigger tires willl read more
No, he was correct. Bigger tires will show a slower speed than what you are acutally going because the speedo is calibrated for 25" tires. Yes, you will have more top end, but the speedo will show a lower speed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts