Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Couple years back a couple of douches decided they wanted my warrior more than I did. It was in the back of my dads truck at the time and we had no rachet straps with us but for some reason we had a chain and Master Lock(don't ask me why). So in that surcumstance we used it like a rachet strap and locked that sucker up tight. This is when the douches come into the story. They pull the ramps down and are gonna start it up and ride it right off. I had the key with me so they busted off the key hole and when you do this you can stick a flat head skrew driver or anything else with a simalar tip and just turn it like a key. After they discovered I had the chain wrapped round the a arm I guess they just gave up easy. I am so stinking lucky that I didn't have rachet straps. This is a no :bs: story. Absolutlly true.

·
Premium Member
5,563 Posts
I lost a perfectly good Blaster due to ratchet straps. :bk: lock & cable ever since!

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeap i ratchet strap it then chain and lock it up when its in the back of my truck or the back of my garage. esspically in my high crime city they have me at now

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Were you traveling or something? if you have a windows mobile phone, you might try downloading that free program where you can text your phone and it will give you its GPS coordinates. Throw it in the tool bag you keep on the quad or in the air box before you go to sleep at the hotel etc...

There is also google latitude but that would run the battery down using the data connection where as the text message based program would run for days.

·
Registered
8 Posts
good idea jak only problem with that is if you leave your phone there then you have no cell phone which is pretty important.. im sure you could get low jack or maybe even a windows based trac phone that you could upload just like an hour to?

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
If you happen to be alone then you call a friend and have them tell you what coordinates your phone is at (using the hotel phone or a pay phone). Then you call the police and inform them. Worst comes to worst you lose the quad and your phone. Not a problem if you have a cheap phone or if you bought an expensive one and got insurance on it ;) If you have a fresh out of the box $1,000 Omnia HD... you might think twice or get very intricate when you hide it lol.

You wouldn't be able to use a tracphone since most of those suck and dont have windows, but you could probably pop a pay as you go sim card into an old crappy windows phone with a tiny screen from ebay and have your own 100 dollar lojack system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts