Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after this last thanksgivin ride my drive system took a crap and i think my clutch is following along as well. What sprockets and chain should i get. I was lookin at sidewinder and its ti-moly stuff...anyone know where i can order them at a good price? Ohh and what chain should I get? Whta about the clutch? What is a good brand and works good? What will i need to change it out? Is it easy to do yourself? Sorry about all the Q's just dont wanna make a bad buy.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Sidewinder is for sure your best buy. Make sure you get both the sprockets and chain though.... Sidewinder uses a thicker chain, thus it also uses larger (longer) teeth. So for optimum mesh and longest life, go Sidewinder for both the sprockets and chain.
For where to get it, buying direct from sidwinder (www.sidewindersprockets.com) is the cheapest place I have found.
For what package, I would go with just go with HD sprockets and a Ti or gold o-ring chain. The reason I am saying HD sprockets is because you are suppose to replace all sprockets and the chain in a set, so what is the point of running a Ti rear and a HD front (HD is the best they make last I checked for a front sprocket)?

For the clutch, the best one from that I have heard is the GYT-R clutch. I am sure several people will back me up on this one...
As for what to replace with it, you may be able to get away with just the plates if your basket has no grooves in it, but that is something you will not know until you get it apart. If there is grooves, then you will need a new basket, and again I would go GYT-R.
As for where to buy this one, I recommend RaptorCam. :tup:

As for how hard it is to install it all, the sprocket and chain is easy to install, the clutch though I am not sure. I have never done one but I hear they are not to hard as long as you are somewhat comforatable with tearing the engine apart.

Hope this helps. :tup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts