Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Currently live in AZ, my Raptor is insured and Street Legal here in this State anyway ..

I plan to head to Glamis for New Years weekend and would like to find out some answers before i get there .

1. What Fees should I look at paying? .. I Will be camping in the Sand along the highway (that IS still legal right?)

2. What is REQUIRED to be on the bike, I know I need a whip.. but is there a DB limit i need to stick to (the trucks out there are MUCH louder than any quad could be unless ya blew it up).. must i have a spark arrestor (remember it's a registered vehicle in AZ with a plate), I don't think that the trucks and or cars on the dunes are required to have a spark arrestor.. I know I need a helmet (i prefer to ride with one anyway)

3. Anything I am overlooking .. I've spent 2 weekends at Glamis in the past, but never with my own bike, and the last time was nearly 10 years ago... Comp hill was a 20k man party back then, and i don't recall any fees or restrictions other than wearing a helmet..

Any information would be helpfull, I've searched around a bit but couldn't find this info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1. Fees are $25 for the week or $90 for the season

2. Only required to have a whip. Don't worry about db and spark arrestor. Yes on the hemet.

3. Comp is closed at night so Olds will be the place to go. Remember you carry all your supplies in and pack your trash out.

http://www.glamisonline.org/

·
Registered
214 Posts
Some otherthings to remember. These may not get you in trouble, but are good dune etiquite.

1. go slow in and around camps. It is dusty enough, and the law is like 15 mph withing 50 feet of camping areas.

2. You need a helmet at all times, and only 1 person per bike. They will ticket big time for this.

3. Better have a whip, or remnents of one if it was destroyed during the ride. Dont worry about breaking one, I have found it cheaper to buy one at the vendors down there than buying one in Phoenix.

4. Competition basically sucks anymore, and all big hills are closed down now as the sun goes down on big weekends. Too many partiers, and not enough riders. As soon as something goes down, the cops move in and close Olds too.

5. The sand highway is still open for camping.

6. Have fun and watch out for high dollars rails coming in the oposite direction. They are fast and heavy, and becoming weapon of choice on big weekends. :tup: :tup:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a bunch for the info, i'll buy a whip from the vendors there (where do they hang out now anyway, they used to be near the general store if i remember right .. my weekends there were always a bit groggy.. between the race gas fumes and the parties after the rides (i never drink before / during a ride)

·
Registered
5 Posts
The cops only run out the partiers on olds. If you clear the area and wait at the top of the hill until everyone is gone you can come back down and pick your campfire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts