Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am gunna be getting some new a-arms, shocks and a g-force Axle.
anybody got pics of theyre Raptor with +2 arms and after market shocks?

also what is a good CHEAP brand of arms. Either +2 or +3s. thanks

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone got anything?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Heres my raptor with +3 a arms and +5 axle..check signature for mods

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
I would not just go for the cheapest. There is a coorelation between price and quality. You do not have to slap roll design on the bike to get good arms, but I would not be planning on only dropping a couple hundred for the arms and expect them to last more than an hour on the trail.

I would recommend looking at the Lonestar Rec arms. They are around $550 or so and are a good arm for a rec rider. If you want something a little more adjustable, I hear wicked is suppose to make some good arms. Finnally, I would suggest looking at a set of Janssen Racing arms. The arms are hard to get a hold of from anyone but the manufacture, but I have only heard good about the company and thier product, plus they come with a lifetime warranty on the MX arms so that is a nice bonus.

Just my two cents... :tup:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello..

Does A-arms really add that much to them? Do you have to change shocks and stuff to make them better? Sorry for the stupid questions.. I ride in the sand mostly and love my raptor.. Was wondering if the hype and money is worth it and what differences it makes

Thank you

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jerstilly said:
Heres my raptor with +3 a arms and +5 axle..check signature for mods

That Looks HOTTTT!!

anybody got a pic with +2's?? cuz thats what im pprolly gettin

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
04raptor04 said:
Hello..

Does A-arms really add that much to them? Do you have to change shocks and stuff to make them better? Sorry for the stupid questions.. I ride in the sand mostly and love my raptor.. Was wondering if the hype and money is worth it and what differences it makes

Thank you

The arms make the bike capable of higher speeds in tight corners. Longer arms widen the bike making it harder to tip over. So whether or not you will benefit from them depends on your riding style.

For the shocks, they make a big difference all around. They make the ride at low speeds much softer and smoother, makes high speed runs smoother and woops running like riding over butter. Plus they allow you to jump high without beating the crap out of you... For sure worth the money. :tup:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Just remember, you get what you pay for when purchasing suspension!

Here is a pic of mine with Janssen +2 +1 MX arms.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Wow generalg... All I can say is :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
How are they holding up and how much did they set you back?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Thanks Tease405! The MX Janssen arms cost $675 new. I actualy bought them used with about 5hrs. on them. I only paid $300 shipped from a friend.

·
Registered
82 Posts
yea that raptor is frigin amazing the paint jobs is so unique and genuine WOW

1 - 15 of 15 Posts