Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my money and I'm going to look at a new raptor in 2 weeks. I've read some people having a problem with an oil line leaking somewhere near the top of the head. Has anybody had any real problems with that. I've only read maybe 5 posts that say they had a leak on an oil line. Is this a problem on the 05's

James

·
Registered
48 Posts
I haven't heard anything of it. I think all the bugs were fixed on the 05's. But, if I were you, I'd go for the yfz450.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
What is with everyone telling him to buy the yfz? Did he say he planned on mx or xc racing? NO. Maybe he wants to be able to cruise along in the trails and just have some fun instead of running balls to the wall all of the time.

He didnt come here asking which machine to buy, he just wanted some info on the raptor. I think he is perfectly capable of deciding which machine he wants.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Maddog56 said:
What is with everyone telling him to buy the yfz? Did he say he planned on mx or xc racing? NO. Maybe he wants to be able to cruise along in the trails and just have some fun instead of running balls to the wall all of the time.

He didnt come here asking which machine to buy, he just wanted some info on the raptor. I think he is perfectly capable of deciding which machine he wants.
i like this Maddog56 guy ;)

very well said.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Yes, very well said Maddog.

I am very happy with my Rappy and wouldn't trade it for a YFZ. i have not heard of the iol leak thing either. I got a stock '02 and it's been great. :tup:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I never saw that thread before, but i wouldn't worry about it. Sounds like a small easy fix anyway.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have a 04 and it has been of a year problem free. I love my raptor more than my brothers 450 talk about a rough ride. I would go for the raptor it is a more all around bike. Every shootout it has been in it wins. It might loose a area like cornering to one bike but beat it everywhere else, but it always seems to win.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts