Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if my raptor EVER sells i'm gonna buy a YFZ in the spring, question is should i wait for the 06's to come out? i can probably get a 05 for a good price although.

Was the rumor about its gonna be a true 450 true?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Rumor was that the 05 were gonna be a true 450 but it didn't happen. Now everyone is saying that there going to bump it up to a true 450 for 06. I don't know if yamaha will actually do this. Even if they did 10cc's isn't that much. Why wait 10 months for the 06's when you can get a 05 as soon as you sell your raptor?

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
Depends when you sell your Raptor. If it's not too far away from when the '06s will be out... :shrug:

·
Registered
206 Posts
if it is close to when the 06's are released then i would wait, maybe they might change a few more things and it might be a true 450. and 10cc's is a fair bit.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Yea, I would deffinitely hold off depending on when you sell the Raptor.... you still have your brother's banshee, correct? Just ride the banshee until you can get the YFZ :)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Warrior03 said:
Yea, I would deffinitely hold off depending on when you sell the Raptor.... you still have your brother's banshee, correct? Just ride the banshee until you can get the YFZ :)
yup we still got the 'shee, i love it to much to see it go. Although hes thinking of selling it for a YFZ too :(.

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
Dirtwheels said a fewq months back that the 06's will be bumped up to a true 450. They quoted a Yamaha rep as saying that when the rule change took place the 05's were already being built so they could not do anything at that point. But Look for the bump up on the 06's. I say weight for them and at least see what the new color scheme and improvements are then make a decision on which one to get.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Does anyone know anything about the 06's Im possibly going to buy one Wed nov24th unless i hear something on here that makes the 06 significantly better.

·
Registered
919 Posts
don't even waste ur time waiting on the 06....they're not gonna take the motor apart to bump it 11 cc's. :lmao:

·
Registered
182 Posts
RippinRaptor55x said:
don't even waste ur time waiting on the 06....they're not gonna take the motor apart to bump it 11 cc's. :lmao:
and you know this how??

yamaha already has the machines to make it a true 450....look at the yz and wr. since the wr crank is already a drop in, i'm sure all they would do is strengthen it up and possibly use the larger wristpin and they'd be ready to go....its not like they'd have to redesign the entire motor

the 10cc difference is very noticeable.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Regardless of whether it is truly bumped to a 450 or not, I would have a hard time waiting possibly 6 months and missing out on good riding season. Depending on how quick you move your Raptor, buy an 05 and if it really is that big of a dfference to the 06 trade up then :shrug:

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
tissan said:
Warrior03 said:
yup we still got the 'shee, i love it to much to see it go. Although hes thinking of selling it for a YFZ too :(.
You are selling the Shee too :wtf:

·
Registered
50 Posts
so when do the 06's come out then? I really should sell my harley before i get another toy, but they just look like too much fun.

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
Starsky said:
so when do the 06's come out then? I really should sell my harley before i get another toy, but they just look like too much fun.
Should be anywhere between July and September of '05.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just hurry up and sell the Raptor, then wait for the '06's to come out and get a great deal on the '05's left. Everyone and their brother will be after the '06's and dealers will be more likely to unload the '05. :hey:

I don't think 10cc's will matter all that much anyway...look at the trx-450.

Besides...Yamaha may run into trouble with the motor change. :scared:

Patience is a virtue, plus it's cheaper too. :tup:

·
Registered
182 Posts
for those of you who dont think 10cc's is that big of difference, then you have no idea what those extra 10ccs can do for you...

but i still wouldnt wait for yamaha to do it. it'd be stupid to wait that long and not ride, just pick one up as soon as you can, there are some pretty cheap used ones out there, and you can save some coin that way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts