Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
50's are F'n sweet. I shot an armalite .50 last night that is supposed to have a 1 ft grouping at 1-1.5 miles easily. The gun was heavy as hell though so it didn't kick all that bad :tup:

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
SheRides721 said:
:scared: Why'd it make fire like that :lol: :oops:
He shot a propane tank, and apparently it didn't blow up, it just punctured it and cause a spark which ignited the gas which is blowing out the side, which was pressurized.. that was cool :lol:

My dad works with a guy whose son is a ranger. He uses a .50 cal. He got scopeeye with it the first time shot it.. that had to hurt :scared:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Didnt he say that its explosive rounds..or correct me if Im wrong?

Edit:Armor Piercing sorry.. :oops:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no what they are is a tracer round it is like a flair. mainly used at night time shooting to see were you are hitting your target .when you shot them you can see them all the way to the target .like a comet with a big tail.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Splatter Matter said:
no what they are is a tracer round it is like a flair. mainly used at night time shooting to see were you are hitting your target .when you shot them you can see them all the way to the target .like a comet with a big tail.
Yes, but they are also armor peircing.
Cool fact.. anybody ever seen pictures of the 50 cals on planes or tanks shooting at night, with tracers? It looks like an almost solid stream of bullets.. but there is a tracer in 1 out of 5 bullets.. so tracer, normal, normal, normal, normal, tracer... Just showing how fast they shoot :scared:

·
Registered
984 Posts
That was actually really really lame. I would have thought it would have been a substantially larger "boom". Guess not...... :(

·
8,530 Posts
Crazed said:
Yes, but they are also armor peircing.
Cool fact.. anybody ever seen pictures of the 50 cals on planes or tanks shooting at night, with tracers? It looks like an almost solid stream of bullets.. but there is a tracer in 1 out of 5 bullets.. so tracer, normal, normal, normal, normal, tracer... Just showing how fast they shoot :scared:
I was in the navy and we had a night shoot, so I got to see it live. Its pretty cool, pretty loud too. The seals had little Uzi looking guns too, called Tech 9's or something like that. They were shoooting tracer rounds with them too, very cool!!!!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
"using standard armor piercing, incendiary tracers..." Incendiary means the shell itself is explosive, which is what lit the propane after the shell itself pierced the tank.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Yeah, that's what I meant :oops: I just didn't say it right. Incendiary nonetheless.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I never realized how much a bullet can ricochet until I went on a night shoot in the Marines. It really makes you think especially when you're out hunting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts