Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, as many of you know i recently got my 435 warrior up and running and I just thought I would share my results. The first I had actually got to open it up was on Friday at Tower City. A bunch of us went up over thanksgiving break. For those of you not familiar there are tons of hillclimbs and some very nice trails so I had gearing at 13-38. I was watching this guy on a predator from another group hit this one hill, he would start from stop, hit the hill in about third and have to shift as he was getting much slower going up the hill. I decided to see how the warrior would compare. I went to the same spot and hit the hill in third and ended up shifting to fourth and was still excellerating as i got to the top. The power this enging makes is night and day compared to stock. With the gearing I had in 6th gear, if I would punch it the tires would spin on hardpack coal roads. A friend of mine has a new 450r and I raced him once just for fun. It was dead even till i topped out and when we drove back, you could see where he lost a little traction right at the his shift points where as mine was nothing but two tore up dirt marks. I think that when I get the right gearing to get more power to the ground I can take him, but we shall see. Just though I would fill you guys in on how the bigbore runs.

·
Registered
537 Posts
That is so freakin bad!!! so how fast do you think you can go now and is it a really big power increase and worth the money? and if you dont mind me asking how much did it cost you to get everything and running to how it is right now i want to know the total price because im thinking if i get the money im going to do it but i guess i need the money first :hey: :nod: i want to see some pics of this thing that is bad a$$!! :tup: :tup:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Wow thats awesome, once i get the money i was thinking of shipping my engine to FST. Did you buy the warrior used or did you ship it out yourself? If so how long did it take for you to get your engine back?
How much money was it total?

I thought FST built a 446 stroker kit, not 435?

I live a hour from Towercity and i love the place its my fav place to ride. We'll have to get together and i gotta take the warrior for a ride :hey: :hey: .

·
Registered
537 Posts
how much did it cost you slithers? and how fast do you think it went?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FST makes a 435 and 446 kit, the 446 is the 435 bored out. I got the 435 because I plan to keep it so I can bore it again when needed. I have some engine know how so I tore my engine apart myself and sent my crank to FST. For around $650 he will move the the crank pin out further (stroking it) and send back you crank, new piston, big bore sleeve, head gasket, and heavy duty clutch springs. A used crank may require new rod bearings, which costs more. I had my sleeve bored and case machined at a local machine shop but FST can do that at a good price as well. I had my head port and polished and 3-angle valve job by Always for $100. I previously had a .430 web cam so I stuck with that. The engine took about a month to get back but mickey didn't have the pistons, then when he got some they were the wrong ones, normal is about a week and a half. The power In my opinion is more than double the stock output. With engine work speed is not increased until you change the gearing, but i have power out the @$$. I feel it was well worth te money. And yes will will need to ride together sometime

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
YFM350 RAPTOR said:
So, the top speed isnt increased? :wtf:
On Warrior's only carbs can really affect top speed which unlike Banshee's, you can throw on a set of pipes and it'll gain 5mph but that's because it has that top end powerband. Only major and affective way to increase top speed on a Warrior is to play with the gearing and tire sizes.

The power on my 446 could keep up and even get ahead of my Banshee (which had reeds, spacers, K&N and removed lid). But I had a stock carb on the Warrior and I couldn't get the jetting perfect which made it loose that 5% performance I needed. But like Corn was saying, i'd have no problem breaking loose on hard packed roads. I went trail riding with it a couple times and if you plan on racing XC, only go with FST because they have their shit perfect when it comes to cross-country. Only complaint I had when riding in the woods when it was dry and I had traction, the front end would float and it'd scare the shit outta me.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
YFM350 RAPTOR said:
Is this also true with the raptor 350, since it has the 660 carb on it?
For the most part, yes. The Raptor 350 and 660 don't have the powerband like many 2 strokes and the Banshee especailly.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
YFM350 RAPTOR said:
Is this also true with the raptor 350, since it has the 660 carb on it?
The 350 Raptor does not have the same carb as the 660 raptor. The 660 Raptor has Dual Mikuni 33mm BSR Carbs and the 350 Raptor has a Mikuni 36mm BSR :nod:

·
Registered
512 Posts
nope FST dosent have a site (this has been talked about many times) just call them for info

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
fearnofish0686 said:
does four stroke tech have a site?? what is it??
They did have a site but people were just going in there and looking at stuff and the never sold much over the internet and the site was costly to uphold so they removed it.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
More power doesn't equal more top speed. What more power WILL allow you to do is increase the gearing to get the top speed. With stock power, once the gearing gets to a certain point, it becomes very hard for the motor to pull it. But with mods, you've got easy power to pull the taller gears. It's all about what you want to do with the extra power...in my case, I need it down low for MX, but if you wanna top-speed run, it'll certainly do it.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
thats sweet to hear, if i was going to keep my warrior id being doing that for shure, but i have to sell at end of summer for colage, so no point :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts