Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I bought 3 warriors (‘00 something wrong with bottom of motor? ‘01-will run/try. ‘98 that will run once a carb is put back on and wiring blase blase) off a guy for a good steal, you can tell that they weren’t unkept, but the guy did explain that they’ve sat for a while due to loss of interest. I had a difficult time getting it to idle and stay on which is still hit and miss (usually a few sprays of ether does the trick). Now that I have it to stay on in neutral, when I pull in the clutch, shift into first and go to move forward it doesn’t move. I had the same problem with going in reverse but then the reverse began to work after playing around with the lever. Great, it moves right? No, because the front wheels are just dragging along the ground and not spinning. When I roll my quad out to do any work on it, all the wheels spin. Also when I’m pulling my quad out there’s a squeaking sound comingfrom possibly the rear. Does anyone know what any of this could be?

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
if the wheels roll when pushing they will roll in gear unless you have the brake on. your clutch could be stuck. do some investigating and try to describe it better. there is no one size fits all for squeaks, you will at least have to get close. jack it up and spin the wheels does pulling the clutch make a difference. does hitting the front or rear brake make a difference. i am not the grammar police but i have to be able to follow some train of thought. stick to one machine at a time and thoroughly describe each problem. i can help you fix it all but i have to know what you need

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am new to working on atvs so bear with me on the nomenclature. Once the weather clears up, I will take the bike apart, and work my way from from front to back. Starting with the brakes, calipers, wheels, axel, and etc. So far I’ve only taken off the carb and took it apart. I noticed that I was missing my pilot jet(is it possible that I’ve caused more damage by starting the bikes). I checked the main jet and it was clean, and I could see through it. The air pin screw was clean as well. I checked the float, there were no cracks but it black, not sure if that was good or bad. I ordered a carb rebuild kit off of eBay for about $15 just to be safe. I changed the spark plug, and stocked up on a few more. I have a gel battery, and the previous owner explained that he likes them because the gel doesn’t spill if rolled over unlike the acid battery. Is there anything I should know battery wise, or is it just a personal preference?

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
agm or gell is the way to go on batteries. they just last longer and are safer. you didnt damage anything. do your self a favor and order the clymer paper manual for the warrior. you will need it it has great wiring diagrams and since that carb has been apart it will help you get it back together correctly. best 25 bucks you can spend. let me know what you need. i am moving my shop right now so if i dont get right back to you send me a pm and i can help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts