Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've been looking at these offers online for free ipods, Archos's, etc. And I've talked to people who've actually gotten them for free bofre, or know someone who has. My question is: Has anyone tried this yet? Sure, "If it's too good to be true, it probably is" but if people have actually gotten their free stuff, then why not try it? It says that you sign up for an offer, they give you a free trial period for that offer. Then, you have to refer 10 friends to it, then the item you've selected is sent out. Sounds legit as a promotional thing, dontcha think? Also, I saw it on an ebay auction and the guy says that you can call up and cancel the offer that you signed up to the next day. They do ask for your credit card info, but that's because if you keep using the offer they gave you, then they charge it. What do you guys think? Here's the link: Free crap

And if you have gotten one, don't lie about it, I don't want them to steal my credit card info and go on a spending spree.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maddog56 said:
My friend got one, I signed up under his. I signed up for a offer and got instant credit for it on the website. Then I called and cancelled the next day, didnt cost me a thing.

Clicky the link in my sig and help me find out if I can get one :nod:
Help you find out if you can get one? I thought you already got yours?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Have you ever visited any of the free electronics sites? I'll take your response as a no.

You sign up and complete an offer. Then 5 people sign up under your name and complete and offer, then you get your free item.

I signed up under my friend, my friend had already completed an offer and I was one of the 5 that signed up and completed an offer under him. When he got all 5 under him and had his complete, he got his free item.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Um, yes I have visited some of the sites, notice how I posted a link...

Ah, I see how it works now. So you don't just send a link to the page, the other people actually have to sign up and complete an offer too. So unless you get 5 people to hold their end of the deal then you're screwed.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Its called a pyramid scam. It works, only if everyone gets signed under you and keeps going. Takes a long time from what I hear.

·
Registered
925 Posts
i tried it once but i got so much spam and junk loaded on to my computer it couldnt finish... had to reload windows onto the computer AND didnt get an ipod...

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
blasterboy88 said:
Its called a pyramid scam. It works, only if everyone gets signed under you and keeps going. Takes a long time from what I hear.
It has a page explaining how it ISN'T a pyramid scam...

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Blastermaster58 said:
blasterboy88 said:
It has a page explaining how it ISN'T a pyramid scam...

It still is...it may work, but its still a pyramid scam.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?NewsID=9074&Page=1&pagePos=11

If you read the link, your not bidding on something, but its doing the same thing. People are signing up under you and you keep moving up. Atleast in my opinion its a pyramid scam...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Pyramid scheme, if you arent paying any money to do it then its not really a scam is it?

If not enough people sign up under me, I'm not screwed. I just dont get an ipod. I'm not out a darn thing.

And btw, if you have an ounce of intelligence you would create a new email address for the offer so you didnt get any clutter in your normal email account. I'ts amazing how so many people complain about spam and yet take no actions to avoid or prevent it.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maddog56 said:
Pyramid scheme, if you arent paying any money to do it then its not really a scam is it?

If not enough people sign up under me, I'm not screwed. I just dont get an ipod. I'm not out a darn thing.

And btw, if you have an ounce of intelligence you would create a new email address for the offer so you didnt get any clutter in your normal email account. I'ts amazing how so many people complain about spam and yet take no actions to avoid or prevent it.
I agree.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts