Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to paint my frame like the metalic red of the 04 warrior. how do i find the exact paint? does anyone know the code, and should i try to get yamaha factory paint or PJ1 or what?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
It'd probably be easier to get PJ1. I think they make paints that are called by the same names as the factory paints.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
racingatvs said:
I would just powdercoat the frame because it will last longer than if you paint it.
True :tup: It just tends to be a lot pricier. A local powdercoater wanted $40 just to do my footpegs in standard silver. God forbid what they'd want to do a whole frame, especially in a custom color.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i am going for low budget and i was just wondering if anyone knew of a close match to the 04 frame color. the frame is already red but i am going to touch it up and may as well paint all the visible parts the same color. I would have it powdercoated but its an 87 frame and i dont want to spend that money

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
racingatvs said:
Its $20 for foot pegs in maltic black
And $250 for a whole frame in practally any color(no special colors like silvery stuff mixed in if you get what I am saying) with them doing prep work and covering all the holes.
my local powder coater charges 190 for a frame in basic colors. custon colors are like 30-40 bux more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts