Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I went to walmart, just looking for stuff that icould use to clean my engine. Well I bought a bottle of CLR, went home and used it in a small spot with a tooth brush and was amazed it actually brings back the old engine color. My engine look like crap from mud and stuff and figured i would give it a try, and it worked. The bottle is only $4.75, and it makes your engine look good. I will post before and after pics after im done.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
KKotsol660 said:
Well today I went to walmart, just looking for stuff that icould use to clean my engine. Well I bought a bottle of CLR, went home and used it in a small spot with a tooth brush and was amazed it actually brings back the old engine color. My engine look like crap from mud and stuff and figured i would give it a try, and it worked. The bottle is only $4.75, and it makes your engine look good. I will post before and after pics after im done.
will it work on other parts of the machin like the frame and headpipe?

·
Registered
386 Posts
CLR is good suff. I dilute it down and use it on painted surfaces to get rid of water spots, just test it in an out of sight place to make sure the paint can handle it.
Watch out you don't breath in too much of the fumes, (it gives me a headache).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i havnt tried it on the headpipe or anything. but I probably wouldnt do anything on painted surfaces.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You could always try gunk. It worked really good on the motor of my old bronco that was coated in mud, it took a few cans because the 351 was a little bigger than a raptor motor though. Just be careful if you use it and live in California, it causes cancer there. Anywhere else you should be fine.
:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have any of you guys ever tried ""Bike Bright?

·
Registered
446 Posts
hey can you just spray engine degreaser over your engine without having to cover stuff up? iv wanted to do it but was afarid of it might do something to something lol. didnt want to mess up stuff. so how about it?

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
BigRed360 said:
Just be careful if you use it and live in California, it causes cancer there. Anywhere else you should be fine.
LMAO.... So does breathing the air... :lmao:

raptorsomeday said:
hey can you just spray engine degreaser over your engine without having to cover stuff up? iv wanted to do it but was afarid of it might do something to something lol. didnt want to mess up stuff. so how about it?
I have sprayed degreaser all over my engine and nothing has happened so far.... :shrug:

·
Registered
731 Posts
Be carefull with some cleaners. I found out the hard way using that purrple stuff (the name of it evades me right now) does very bad things to polished aluminum. :s96: :(

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
WARD660R said:
Be carefull with some cleaners. I found out the hard way using that purrple stuff (the name of it evades me right now) does very bad things to polished aluminum. :s96: :(
greased lightning?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Super Clean I think is what it is. It is in a purple bottle too.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
I just use this stuff called purple power..... You can get it by the gallon.... it is indiustrial strength degreaser, and it is the best $3.00 I have ever spent :scared:

·
Registered
804 Posts
I use this stuff called westly's tire bleach or something. I used it on my stained swing arm on the yfz got it up to new looking again with spray on wash off!

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
TopGunnYFZ450 said:
I use this stuff called westly's tire bleach or something. I used it on my stained swing arm on the yfz got it up to new looking again with spray on wash off!
Westley's Bleche White :tup:

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
I know a lot of the car detailers use some pretty wicked stuff, and some of it will eat the hell out of almost any surface (particularly those nice Aluminum wheels) unless they are wetted first. That seems to be the key with everything I have tried. As long as it is wet first, then spray the stuff on, it wont eat anything up.
Always safe to test first though.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
BigRed360 said:
You could always try gunk. It worked really good on the motor of my old bronco that was coated in mud, it took a few cans because the 351 was a little bigger than a raptor motor though. Just be careful if you use it and live in California, it causes cancer there. Anywhere else you should be fine.
:lol:

whatever as long as i can still use it i dont really care what it could under certain circumstances do...

·
Registered
245 Posts
I use Castrol super clean....but dont get it on the wheels or any aluminum cause it will mark it up if you leave it sit....but it makes the enging look really good.

·
Registered
91 Posts
another thing you can use if you dont mind spending the money is S-100. You can get it at any Harley davidson dealership. It is expensive but it works real good at restoring the color of the motor.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Ohio Warrior said:
I use Castrol super clean....but dont get it on the wheels or any aluminum cause it will mark it up if you leave it sit....but it makes the enging look really good.
Weird. i used the same $hit and it left a haze that won't come off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts