Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
fly wheel

i dont know if your serious or not but ill explain it anyways. fly wheels serve different perposes on different engines.

on this web site there is a machanical log splitter that opperates with 2 huge cast iron fly wheels. the fly wheels one they get up to speed with have a lot of force behind to split the log. check out how it works pretty kool. http://www2.primushost.com/~logsplit/principle.html

on the banshee the fly wheel is just full of magnets that when the fly wheel passes by the pickuip coil it creats electricity to fire the spark plugs and run other electrical components. there is no need for a heavy fly wheel on a twin cylinder 2 stroke banshee engine. you actually will loose power. some people think that by lightening the fly wheel the engine stalls easier. the fact of the matter is that it doesnt. if you dont hit the gas while you let off the clutch your going to stall a 2 stroke. unless your flywheel weighs 100 lbs. but then you wouldnt be able to stop your bike and you will go through break pads like noones buisness. on some other engines they are used to ballace out the rotation of the engine so it makes less noise and doesnt shake. i guess i didnt explaine it very well for a beginner but you might get it. if you got any other questions just ask.

BTW. i built about 50 of them log splitter frames. i was there for about a year untill things slowed down. i welded the frames ground them with a serfice grinder preped and painted them. there the best mechanical log splitters out there. wicked fast too. you can split a 12'' long log with a diamiter of 10'', in 4 peices in about 8 seconds. its a mans splitter for sure. not that slow hydrolic crap. check it out, see how it works.

·
Registered
132 Posts
kenetic energy. thats the term i was looking for. you dont need kenetic energy on a banshee flywheel. who ever says this. is just misinformed.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:tup: :nod: no I am totally serious. When I get older I want to work at a cycle shop and fix bikes. I think this stuff is awsome. I want to learn as much as possible. As I am only 15 and a girl i thinks its way kool. :wtf: altough i only kinda get it. So will this give me how much more power do you think? I am also trying to get ideas of what to do to make my shee go faster. THANKS SOOO much 4 your time.
:smooch: :smooch: Britt :smooch:

·
Registered
132 Posts
i havent dynod it but those who did say around 2-3 hp gain. and the low end gain is really good. :nod:

glad to help ya out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts