Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you flip the rear axel so the rear sprocket will be on the right?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Foxracin said:
Ummmmmmm... NO cause the front sprocket will still be on the left. :lol:
Lol but what if you turn the engine around like that one banshee? Then youd need to figure out how to get it to run backwards!?!?!
Do you see and advantage to a right side drive?

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
TopGunnYFZ450 said:
Foxracin said:
Ummmmmmm... NO cause the front sprocket will still be on the left. :lol:
Lol but what if you turn the engine around like that one banshee? Then youd need to figure out how to get it to run backwards!?!?!
Do you see and advantage to a right side drive?
If u turn it around wont the front sprocket be at the front of the bike tho :razz:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
woa im so confused :wtf:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
WTF are you talking about?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Im following, the sprocket on the engine would be towards the oil tank so you wouldnt be able to run it to the axle sprocket in normal configuration

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Why would you even think about that. I dont get it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im looking as i mentioned before in another thread that i will be putting a R1 engine in my raptor.

On the 2000-2001 R1 the front sprocket on the engine is on the right side...does flipping the rear axel make sense now?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
:nod: :nod: I can't even imagine an R1 motor in a Raptor! :scared:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I get it. I was lost when you talked about turning the motor around. Good luck on that project.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
MoRaptor02 said:
I get it. I was lost when you talked about turning the motor around. Good luck on that project.
meee toooo!! sounds like it will be sick, i cant see any problem with flipping the axle but then again ive never done it!

·
Registered
804 Posts
ok now it makes sence! I dont see why it wouldnt work try it before you put that engine in to see if it does work before you spend the time putting an engine in and then having to make an axle that fits!

·
Registered
300 Posts
BushManRebel said:
Im looking as i mentioned before in another thread that i will be putting a R1 engine in my raptor.

On the 2000-2001 R1 the front sprocket on the engine is on the right side...does flipping the rear axel make sense now?
Are you sure about the R1 front sprocket being on the right side? Every R1 that I have ever seen since they started building them in 1998 has the drivetrain on the left side of the bike.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
1FastRaptor said:
BushManRebel said:

Are you sure about the R1 front sprocket being on the right side? Every R1 that I have ever seen since they started building them in 1998 has the drivetrain on the left side of the bike.
I agree, every R1 I've ever seen has the drivetrain on the left hand side. I even just did a search for pics of the 2000 and 2001 like you said and they are on the left like normal. There aren't many bikes out there with it on the right

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was looking at a complete R1 engine on ebay and found 2. One of them was a 2000 and the other a 2003. I compared both pics and I couldn't see the drive train on one of them so i figured its on the right side. :shrug: and the other that i could see was on the left.

I looked at both pics side by side from each engine to make sure that i was looking at the engine correctly for which end goes forward on the frame. One of the engines came with a radiator aswell and used that engine to determine which end goes forward.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts