Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon. I have a 06' 50th anniversary Banshee that I picked up a few years ago that had barely ever been rode before. stock tires had nipples on them when I got the quad. It was like a time warp, fresh off the showroom. The owner had put a Toomey racing exhaust system on it, jet kit and twist throttle. Anyway, I have had the privilege of riding it a few times since I bought it. Oh does she scream. We have a local fair around here that does an oval flat track. I hadn't raced a quad for 30 years, but when I saw that race last summer... hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I got to thinking.. maybe this banshee would do good out there. There was only one 2 stroke out there the whole night. I am 2 stroke all the way. Sooooo, does anybody out there flat track their Banshees? If so, may I please get some advice on this? The quad still has the stock tires on it. I don't want to go full bore with this(Plus I don't want to chop it up), but I would like to set it up so it is lower and geared correctly. (Lowering kit, tires and gearings?) I only found one brand of sway bars/lowering kit for the Banshee. I assume I must buy that one? Or are their other options that I did not find? If you have any advice for me on what I need, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance everyone.

Jim

· Super Moderator
8,512 Posts
Ive seen quite a few running at other combined motorsports events. Quads are not very popular and most of the major aftermarkets have ditched support. I think your plan is solid, lower and stabilize. watch the other guys' setups and go for You will be working harder with the 2 stroke than the other guys keeping your engine in its sweet spot. You will probably end up chasing the perfect gear setup to help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts