Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was on one of my regular rides 1-2 hr and It sounded like the choke was on and I was messing with it and it shut off (I believe it was unrelated) and I pushed the start button and it makes a singular click for every time I push the button and it's coming from the rear left wheel well but what has me confused is that if I put it in neutral or reverse the dash lights up so the battery is hooked up and my light bar is wired into the headlight's cables and its as bright as its always been. It's a possibility that something else got loose though as I was riding at night without the light in 5-6th gear on bumpy trails. From a youtube search I have made the conclusion that the starter is bad but I wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue and/or your opinion.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Use a test light to see that battery power is at the starter solenoid on one big terminal, when you push the starter button the solenoid should also click, along with the small starter inhibit relay. When the solenoid closes you should have power at the other terminal. If it does not, the small starter inhibit relay might have bad contacts or the coil in the solenoid might have failed. Jump the 2 big terminals on the solenoid to see if the starter works, there may be some sparks when you do this, it is normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The other day it cranked again when I tried it so i decided to go for a ride but I forgot to not turn it off and I turned it off but my dad was there and he determined that it was the starter because when we messed with the battery and terminals it kept only clicking and he has this thing he does, not sure the reason why it works but he got some pliers and tapped the starter a few times and It fired up but thank you for the tip our next culprit was the solenoid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts