Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an 05 wolverine and I think someone did some creative repairs. I can shift from first directly to reverse without stopping or turning the knob on the dash. I can turn the knob and I see a cable move in the case but I cannot engage the reverse safety. Next problem is the bike starts in any gear and the final problem is if I shut it off and put it in gear It will roll away like neutral. Where do I start on this thing!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
neutral safety and reverse lock out are bypassed. if you want to fix it you will need a wiring diagram and un do the bypass. i would not fix it, both of those can cause running problems and probably were bypassed for a reason. if i remember right those machine have a centrifugal clutch and putting it in gear would not hold the machine and is totally normal. you will need to set the parking brake if your on a hill.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thank you for the reply I have to get the brakes working the guy I bought from did not have any working. The reason I was hoping to fix the starting in any gear and no reverse safety is my 12 year old daughter is going to be riding the machine.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
yea i get that but those safety features can really cause problems. not so much the neutral safety but even it can be a pain sometimes. just spend some extra time teaching her about how the machine works and why and she will be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts