Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the falicon crank only comes with the yz rod or can i get it with the yfz rod. I already wrote them but no answer yet

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not sure what your looking for here. If your wanting to do it in stroker style, they are using a stroked rod to allow the use of a custom sized piston. I haven't measured the wrist pins or anything but pretty sure it's the same rod and not a custom made one.

if you want to stay stock, they can balance and blueprint the stock one. if it's all about piston size, I'm pretty sure it's identical to the yfz one. i will get some dial calipers and measure the wrist pins on my spare piston i got from them when i get to the house.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only want it at 450cc It says on the site they slightly stroke the crank if they meant to say 1.4mm then it's dirt bike stroke right.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It seems like the supercrank is a WR crank if you want to go to a 450 just get the WR crank and a YZF piston.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Talk to Bob at magnolia, he will set you up w/ everything.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have heard of some of the YZ riders going with the falicon crank because it is more reliable.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Thumper 660R said:
I have heard of some of the YZ riders going with the falicon crank because it is more reliable.
It's easier for me to believe they did this because they wanted more than the 63.4mm stroke provided by the WR crankshaft.

·
Registered
595 Posts
According to Bob at magnolia, the 10 or so guys in his area running the WR crank/piston set-up with the Hot Cams have a 0% failure rate and these guys run the hell out the quads racing. He says the power is incredible, no comparison to the cam mod and pulls way harder with much more torque. For $360 + $260 for the cams that is a pretty cheap set-up! Might have to do this during the winter!

·
Registered
360 Posts
[NEW! Falicon SuperCrank for Yamaha YZF-450
Need a stronger rod in a lighter, race-ready crank? We now offer a Falicon Race-Preped Supercranks. The engine size increases from 440cc to 450cc, and you get the advantages of our lighter, stronger Knife Rod and professional dynamic balancing for smooth running and faster accelleration. This crank has a slightly longer stroke and smaller wristpin size, which allows you to select from a wide range of racing pistons designed for the YZ-450F motocross bike. It is also a great choice for use with aftermarket cylinder/piston combinations.

The Falicon Supercrank is the “ultimate” crankshaft modification for knife-edge performance. The Yamaha OEM crankshaft is blueprinted to the best combination of oil clearance and precise tolerance for your specific application. The crank throws are contoured and polished to a mirror finish, improving oil flow and reducing crankcase turbulence. To complete this package, a Knife® connecting rod, premium bearing, and crank pin are installed. Each crankshaft is custom balanced to the reciprocating weight and intended rpm range.

The Knife Rod has two pin-oiler holes in the small end to improve the oiling of the wristpin. We also install a bronze bushing in prevent gauling.

Falicon Supercrank for Yamaha YFZ-450

Includes:

New Yamaha OEM Crankshaft
Blueprinting
Polishing
Oil Clearance Modifications
Balancing to your piston assembly
Falicon Knife Rod

Call us with your piston assembly weight, including piston, pin, clips and rings. Additional balance weights may be required for heavier pistons (extra cost).
$912

for the price i would buy 3 cranks from Bob @ http://www.magnoliatractorinc.com/ but it still only stock from Bob not tricked out

·
Registered
166 Posts
RPyfz450 said:
So Cal 450 said:
It seems like the supercrank is a WR crank if you want to go to a 450 just get the WR crank and a YZF piston.
When you say "YZF", do you mean YFZ or YZ?
I mean the MX bike YZ450F just left the 450 out I didnt want anyone to think YZ as in 2 stroke

·
Registered
22 Posts
RPyfz450 said:
Thumper 660R said:
It's easier for me to believe they did this because they wanted more than the 63.4mm stroke provided by the WR crankshaft.
No, lots of our customers have us Supercrank the stock crank. Some pros have us stroke the YFZ crank to achieve a full 450cc AND supercrank.

Keep in mind that when you earn your living racing, you have to finish to put food on the table. The more power you make, the more you stress the crank.

Sure it costs more. It's a lot of work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
jr1975atv said:
Does anyone know if the falicon crank only comes with the yz rod or can i get it with the yfz rod. I already wrote them but no answer yet
I'm not sure if anyone got your message. Send it to me : [email protected]

The 450 Supercrank has the same geometry as the YZ, so you have to use a YZ piston. The pin is positioned higher on the YZ, and that's where the extra space to stroke it comes from.

To build a 450 that uses the stock YFZ piston, you'd have to use a spacer plate _or_ a shorter rod. We'd rather use the bike piston,.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts