Blue Traxx Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,662 Posts
Freez hasnt been around for a long time. Hopefully someone else chimes in but I doubt they will.

I would just try one change at a time. You shouldn't need to rejet if its running fine how it is. They way I understand the throttle spring mods are a responsiveness tweak.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you are running with the airbox on, the DJ kit recommends clip 4 as far as i can remember. Clip 3 is also worth a try.

Meaning, 3rd clip from the flat end of the needle and below the clip, you need the white plastic spacer and the thin metal spacer.
If you are running without the airbox, use clip 2 or clip 1 with the DJ needle. Plastic spacer and thin metal spacer to be used below the clip.

See which clip position feels the best for slow rpm acceleration.

Also try crawling up a steep hill or rock to see if the bike stutters at very low RPM and small throttle openings. if so, go a clip higher if you can.

Main jets with a slip-on, should be around 148/150 to 146/148 with open airbox. The larger jets are more for coastal riding. You can also try 144/146 if you are at a high altitude...all DJ sizes.

If you still have low down acceleration stutter, try the dual spring setup to see if it helps.

Also, do the clear tube and float mods. You will find it under the sticky/technical posts.
Thank you for the above information
My quad is stock with slip-on exhaust. I'm having a low acceleration stutter and then it turns off. I installed a DynoJet Kit LS Jet 144 / RS Jet 146. I'm below 3000 feet. I turned the mixture screws out 2 turns. I also tried 3. The needle jet clip is set to 3 from the top and i tried 4 also. But i am still having the same problem. Please Help!!

·
Super Moderator
8,662 Posts
Keep adding jet

21 - 23 of 23 Posts