Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
What are you trying to do? Replace the stock crappy blaster fronts with something else? If I rember right there were alot of people putting shee shocks on the front, and i was reading that now they are putting YFZ fronts on shee's --->I wonder if YFZ fronts would fit on a blaster?? Something to think about.

I will have to go home and get the tape out on my shocks and try to get you a length for warriors but most all warriors may differ from the amount the shock was used the setting of the shock and so on.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
TreeFrog169 said:
I wonder if YFZ fronts would fit on a blaster?? Something to think about.

I will have to go home and get the tape out on my shocks and try to get you a length for warriors but most all warriors may differ from the amount the shock was used the setting of the shock and so on.
YFZ shocks are too long for warriors, and the suspension is over extended. Therefore, you wont be seeing yfz shocks on blasters.

The settings a shock is on will not make the shock shorter or longer, just compress and decompress the spring. The amount a shock has been used will also no make it any shorter. They all came with the same travel length, and you arent going to change the physical properties like the length and travel of the shock by using it unless you damage it.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
BUT...if you're measuring the length of the shocks with a load on (like the quad sitting on the ground) then use could make a difference. For instance, if the shocks are on 90 Warrior that's had the balls ridden off of it, the spring will start to sag from use, and the measurement would be different from a newer one with little time on it. The real difference would probably be almost nothing, but it would still be different.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Cant accept more the 14 inches, from eye to eye, rear I have no clue.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
shano said:
Cant accept more the 14 inches, from eye to eye, rear I have no clue.
Well its probably not good on the suspension, but I've seen people with 16" yfz stock stocks on thier warriors, so it must accept more than 14".

But, ifmemory serves me correctly the yfz shocks had to be at zero preload and slightly compressed to fit, so the 14" guideline is probably a good one.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
The 16'' shocks (from the raptor) do fit the warrior but you gotta compress the spring to make it fit, its not healthy at all.

Banshee shocks fit up great. There 14'' exsactly.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Banshee stockers are longer than Warrior stockers...like a half inch or a little more, I think. When I gotmy first Warrior, one of the fronts was blown. The guy I now use constantly for parts sent me one and when I put it on, the quad sat cockeyed. Turns out the shocks that were on it were from a Banshee, and were longer. I don't think they'd be so long as to cause any major damage to the ball joints, but you'd sit slightly nose-high.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
It's like an inch longer, and will make you tail-high. Also, on '02-ups, the rezzie is piggyback, I think, which will hti your airbox or battery box, depending on how you turn it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TreeFrog169 said:
What are you trying to do? Replace the stock crappy blaster fronts with something else? If I rember right there were alot of people putting shee shocks on the front, and i was reading that now they are putting YFZ fronts on shee's --->I wonder if YFZ fronts would fit on a blaster?? Something to think about.

My blaster has works all around. I was thinking of putting a works rear shock off of a banshee on the rear of my Warrior. I guess I don't want it to sit low.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I owuld think that, if anything, the Banshee rear would be longer than the Blasty. I don't think it would be shorter.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guess a better question would be: would Works shocks off of a banshee fit a Warrior. If so, would there be any problems?

·
Registered
126 Posts
i think when i had mine off they measured right at 14 eye to eye .

·
Registered
537 Posts
i think they would! im putting raptor shocks on my warrior tomorrow i am just to low also cause i put +2 a arms and i have a +4 axle so i do sit low and i dont think ill have any problems with that.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
What kind of arms did you get? And the axle being +4 has absolutely nothing to do with sitting too low.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts