Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the strongest way to extend the swing arm 4 inches. for about the same price i can either have a 4 inch piece of metel welded in my stock one or i can get the jtm extension. i like to jump alot so it has to hold up to that.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would get a JTM before I would have a peice of metal. I have a used JTM that I'll sell ya if your want. It's in good shape and I'll ship it to your door for $165.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a machine shop will weld a 4 inch chunk of aluminum in the middle of the swing arm. a friend of mine had this done and i am just wondering if it would be stronger then the bolt on extension for jumping.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well lets put it this way. I have heard of weld in exstentions cracking, some do and some don't. I've never heard of someone damaging a JTM. They are tough as hell. Weather you buy mine or a new one I would suggest a JTM or aftermarket swingarm If your gonna be jumping alot. IMHO :))

·
Registered
758 Posts
I got a JTM and chain for sale if you want it....it's only been on for one drag race and then removed. :tup:

And definetly the jtm over welding a piece of aluminum into your swing arm.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Once you see how beefy the JTM is, you will not have any confidence issues. I have not had issues with it either and I am a lardass.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I am sure madracing's swingarms are very nice.BUT they do not come with a bearing carrier and that is a non finished price(still good though).He asked about extending his own or the extension. The only thing you need with the extension is a new chain.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sounds like the jtm is the way to go. i might be able to buy one from one of you guys this week end. thanks alot for the info.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whats the price for the one with the chain. i might just get a chain extension.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I dont think JTM sells chains. I ran a primary drive xring chain from rocky mountain and never had any trouble.About 50 bucks if I remeber right.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
anybody with a +4 swing arm wanna talk about how much it changed the bike. is in nearly impossible to do whellies now, does it hurt your turning alot, do i nedd to adjust my shock to make it ride right again. i have the mods listed below and i am wondering if i will still be able to pull the front off the ground easily.

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
well with my bike it seemed to keep the frontend down about the same as my 416ex which to me is a good thing. as far as turning the rappy has so much power that I don't notice any pushing in the frontend :TB:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts