Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My motor guy and I were finishing rebuilding my motor tonight and I've got the .390 Web cam(that has a .440 intake, .390 exhaust). We were semi-arguing about what the valve clearance shoudl be set to, so I finally said I'd just call them and find out. In the course of that phone discussion, the guirl at Web informed me that we had to have 60 thousanths clearance for the valve to clear and I kept saying that wasn't what the paper said and so on. Finally, we cam to the realization that she was saying we had to cut off 60 thousanths of the valve COVER, particularly the intake (but we did both) where there's like a little brace across he inside of it, because when the lobe travels by, the spring will come back up and pop the valve cover. Sure enough, when we looked, we could see where it had been hitting. We previously thought the damage was from one of the other two cams that had sheared. That's something that their paperwork does NOT say, but obviously it's something that needs done. So if your top end is ticking and you can't figure out why, it may not be the rockers-valves, it may be the valves/covers. Just thought I'd pass that along. i dunno if it had anything to do with my previous cam failures or not, but you never know.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks Man . I heard a Guy complaining about his making a lot of extra noise since the Cam install . Hopefully he or someone who knows him will read this . Great Info. Thanks .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts