Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scope on a 12 gauge? It sucks!!! Just wondering if anyone's ever been hit and got the famous black eye from a scope on a shotgun. Gun season starts monday here so my dads friend and I were sighting our Remington 870's in and I recently put a scope on mine along with a slug barrel and didnt have a good grip on the gun and the thing came back and busted my nose. My nose might be cracked not sure but its swollen and hurts like a mother. Got a cut on my nose and a real nice cut under my eye. Let me hear about your experiences with gettin hit.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
lol, i hit my eye practicing for buck today with my thirty odd six!

it left a red mark for a while, but its gone now, that will teach me to put my eye to close to the scope!!!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
your pretty lucky velocity the thing took a nice hunk of skin from under my eye and on my nose bleed pretty good :s96:

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nope kid you need to go to a 20 gauge or a .410
hey buddy you dont know what im capable of shooting or not shooting i just put the scope on and i crowded it a little bit 2 much and it jumped back farther than i thought it was partly because i didnt have the grip i thought i did on it but you dont have 2 be a smartass about it and say i need a smaller gun :roll:

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
FBRacing80 said:
hey buddy you dont know what im capable of shooting or not shooting i just put the scope on and i crowded it a little bit 2 much and it jumped back farther than i thought it was partly because i didnt have the grip i thought i did on it but you dont have 2 be a smartass about it and say i need a smaller gun :roll:

lol ok sparkles you do need a smaller gun, cause if you were capable of shoot a 12 gauge you wouldnt of had this problem now would you

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I usually don't use a scope, but the same thing happened to my friend. He had to get 6 stitches under his eye

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
RaptorMan03 said:
:lol: I had an old .410 back in the day.. no power AT ALL! :tdown: Id be suprised if that thing could down a squirrel

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Quadracer89 said:
RaptorMan03 said:
:lol: I had an old .410 back in the day.. no power AT ALL! :tdown: Id be suprised if that thing could down a squirrel

Actually they can, and are very good guns for squirrel and rabbit, and alot of other things

·
Premium Member
4,336 Posts
velocity-raptor said:
lol, i hit my eye practicing for buck today with my thirty odd six!

it left a red mark for a while, but its gone now, that will teach me to put my eye to close to the scope!!!
That's the first time I've ever heard it called that...

Putting a scope on a shotgun is like putting one on a slingshot, if you cant hit it open sight you've got parkenson's(sp?) disease, really suck, or it's out of range. Hell my old Auto 5 12 Gauge doesnt even have a bead on the end and I shoot skeet all the time. My friend had to get stitches too after his [left handed, crazy shit] 30/.06's scope bit him..

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey raptorman im not starting anything cause ive never gotten into any shit with anyone on this site (like most people) a 12 gauge is perfectly fine for me i just got 2 close 2 the scope and i had it on a rest so i didnt have a real good hold of it and it kicked back about it you dont have 2 be an ass about things thought this was spost 2 be a friendly site

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
FBRacing80 said:
hey raptorman im not starting anything cause ive never gotten into any shit with anyone on this site (like most people) a 12 gauge is perfectly fine for me i just got 2 close 2 the scope and i had it on a rest so i didnt have a real good hold of it and it kicked back about it you dont have 2 be an ass about things thought this was spost 2 be a friendly site
Just ignore him

·
Registered
522 Posts
before you shoot the gun with the scope put grease around the lip of the scope so you looks like "spuds mckenzie" when it hits you in the eye. lmao

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
just got a scope on a 3030.......my eye is swollen pretty nats, sweet gun though

1 - 20 of 26 Posts