Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I’ve got a 2005 yfz450r quad and I lent it to a mate and now it has a hole in the the engine case I need to rebuild it from ground up and bore it out I need advice and somewhere I can get parts or I need a good engine rebuild that doesn’t cost an arm and an leg

·
Registered
2003 Raptor 660, .05 over bore, FMF slip on, Fullflight +2 A Arms
4 Posts
Woah! I have never seen anything like this! By the looks of things, you're going to need both new side cases. That is inevitable. I don't know what got in there, but I can see the transmission in your pics, so you might need a new trans, and I am sure whatever it was got into your oil too, so you are probably going to need a full bearings kit piston and crank. (The internals is the worst-case scenario.) That being said, if all the internals are shot, you're looking at new side cases, which will depend on if they're used or brand new. New ones go for about 450-600 dollars, depending on what you get. For trans, it would probably be best to replace everything if there is anything wrong. It can vary from 120 bucks to 300 bucks for a used one, depending on what you get. Assuming the crank is shot and all the bearings and piston, you're looking at 900 dollars for a rebuild from HotRods. They have gaskets, o rings, bearings, crank, piston, and oil rings. So far, you've got to spend at the most 1700 bucks for your motor, which doesn't even involve anything else that could be wrong with it. I would say your best bet is to buy a used engine from a parts quad or build the craziest yfz450 motor you can with what little you've got right now. Besides, it's your friend's bill.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts