Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 95 warrior and was out riding yesterday and was running fine then all of a sudden it started ticking pretty loud and the oil level was ok. I was going thrue the gears racing a friend and then it just started. When i took off my air filter i noticed that the foam spacer that goes between the k&n air filter slot and the air box was gone. Is there any way maybe this got sucked in to the motor thrue the carb? Any one else had this prob with the motor ticking loud and what did you have to do to get it fixed?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Hmm i dont think it could get sucked all the way through the carb intake and through the valve. If you were racing you prolly floated a valve or soemthing, it happend to me. Your vavles probebly are loose so do a valve adjustment, no big deal but i would look for that foam thing you never know where it went. Adjust the vavles and it should stop.

·
Registered
559 Posts
the foam thing might have fell apart and got sukced in but look in your carb for it and for the ticking do what jabbahoo said

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah the foam was in like two pieces when I put it in and tryed to look for it and its not any where in the air box our in the carb. if it got stuck in the engine do you thing the engine would be making a tickig noise? And we noticed before it started the noise it had a little bit of white smoke coming out the exhaust not a lot but a little it felt like right before it started the noise that the engine was running real good and fast then all of a sudden tick tick tick.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i gott the same problem :scared:

·
Registered
213 Posts
No offense warrior king, but white smoke is oil being burnt off, and the ticking is the extra slap on the rocker arm to the valve. If it was hitting ut piston then u would bend the valves and cause it not to run.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I don't think the valves are out of wack to be hitting the piston, not saying there is now way tho. The peice may have gotten stuck in between the valve and the valve seat causing the valve to remain open. With the valve open, it may be downing 1 of 2 things. Staying open and hitting the piston, lets hope not. Or it could be staying open causeing the rocker arm to "bounce" back and forth between the tip of the valve and the cam. When the noise started did you see a drop in performace? A small peice of the foam might have gotten into the combustion chamber and turned into a hard particle due to the explosions and heat. Maybe, be safe not sorry, take it apart.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Black smoke= carburation
Blue smaoke= oil consumption
White smoke= coolant consumption

All these things happening to a warrior= :scared:

Especially when it doesn't use coolant :lol:

·
Registered
186 Posts
coolant? on a warrior...that would rock :tup: :tup: :tup:

·
Registered
638 Posts
At high rpms sometimes the rocker arm lock nuts come loose and lets the tappit hit the end of the valve stem. Time for a valve clearence adjustment. No big deal. Should be done a couple times a year or whenever the ticking gets louder than you would like to hear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts