Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should the engine compression be on a stock engine, in pounds and what would it be with an 11 to 1 piston, I just put a stage one hotcam and a wiseco 11 to 1 piston in and the bike, ran fine for a few weeks then the head gasket blew , after installing a new head gasket it would not start. bike would crank for a few seconds and then stop. Took it to the stealership to see if they could fix it and after having the bike for three months they called and told me it won't start because the compressions to high.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Stock should be around 180psi, with the compression release pin closed
125psi with the compression release pin open.

I don't know about 11:1.

Check your timing, make sure the cam and crank are in sync.

Stealerships are useless.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
My Raptor is 12.5:1 and the gauge reads ~185 psi with the decompression pin installed, a Grizzly battery, and the carb slides open.

Are your sure the head gasket was properly installed? Did you use a Comitec fire ring? If so, it's pretty easy to get the ring off center.

Did you remove the cam chain tensioner and release the tension before you re-installed it? If not, there could be too much tension on the cam chain for the starter to overcome.

Get that thing back from the dealership and break out the wrenches. There are enough mechanics on here to help you find the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts