Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

04 warrior

Got the bike ready for a big trip. No problems at all. Take it up to Maine go 100 yards down the road bike totally dies. I have headlights, but nothing else.

Took the bike apart to the rails cleaned connections still nothing. Left it overnight and it started right up no problem. Road all day that day and nothing was wrong.

Now this weekend I'm driving down the road and it does the same thing. Tried to pop start it because I was doing a good speed and the engine turns but won't spark. I jumped the relay that comes from the battery because the start button stopped working, and it turns over and gets gas but no spark. Jiggled some wires and waited for about 30 minutes starts up again like nothing happened. That happened twice and now it's totally dead.

Could it be the relay going from the battery? Spark plug coil pack on the front of the bike?

Any help would be appreciated

Pete

·
Registered
417 Posts
relay wouldnt cause no spark and the coil wouldnt cause it not to crank. I'd be afraid its the cdi but I'd check everything else before replacing that, its big bucks. break out a service manual and meter. kill switch and key switch would be the first things I'd check.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
test the stator before you do anything else. warriors have not got the best wiring harness. they used good wire but uninsulated connectors wrapped them in electrical tape and they are prone to shorts. if you have head lights your fuse is good, (there is only one) unless someone wired them direct for some reason. the circuit for cranking is not at all related to the spark circuit on a warrior. it sounds like you checked your grounds when you stripped it down, if not do that first. the primary coil, cdi, and rectifier all need to ground. depending on the generation you have it will either have a ground wire or through the part. there is a ground on the back of the motor. my guess is you have a bare wire in the harness that is shorting out. it takes about 4 hours to pull the harness and rewrap it. it sounds like a hassle but it is the only way to avoid wasting money on parts. take alot of pictures to help with the install and wire routing. pay special attention to the areas where the harness crosses the frame and the wires under the hood. my bet is you will find your gremlin there

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.