Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CARBS

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I want to know what all you guys think. And will an EFI system or carb hold up better in deep water?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I figured, but you know! Just thought I'd ask, but I still might get an EFI Kingquad instead of the Carburated Brute Force, though! :tup:

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
EFI of course :tup:

It might be electronic...but it is completely sealed from the elements. Why else would they put it on ATV's if you cant get them wet???

·
Registered
576 Posts
ATC Crazy said:
EFI of course :tup:

It might be electronic...but it is completely sealed from the elements. Why else would they put it on ATV's if you cant get them wet???
Damn I was going 2 post but atc stole the words out of my mouth

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
I prefer EFI! When I get a new pipe for my YFZ, I will have to rejet the carb but if it was EFI then I wouldn't. Plus, from what I understand, you get better response with EFI and better fuel milage.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you got an efi system and you put on an exhaust system it just automatically adjusts to the fuel needs?

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
TorqueWorks said:
If you got an efi system and you put on an exhaust system it just automatically adjusts to the fuel needs?
Yup...its got an O2 sensor just like cars which automatically sets the air:fuel ratio

·
Registered
26 Posts
ATC Crazy said:
TorqueWorks said:
Yup...its got an O2 sensor just like cars which automatically sets the air:fuel ratio
Not necessarily it depends on whether it's a speed density or a mass air EFI system. On a quad I would have to assume speed density mainly because there's less components involved. If so it will adjust for basic stuff like an exhaust or intake or throttle body change but once you get into cams and forced induction it's a different story. Then you'll need a custom program burnt so it'll run good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts