Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I just ordered a block off plate for my e-brake and I was wondering what I need to do about the e-brake sensor on the handlebars. I'm removing the whole e-brake system and I need to find a way to keep the sensor in or some way around. Do they make any kind of cap for it or what? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Just cut the wires at the perch. I don't remember if they have to be wired together or not...but I'm thinking they have to be seperate, so just wrap some tape around the end of each one and stuff 'em under the nose plastic.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
even better way, unplug the wires, ull find a male and female plug after u unplug both sets...plug thouse together, and then just remove the clutch lever and get a new one.

lol that sounds kinda confusing, there is a post with pictures of what i mean

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Alright first take off all the parking brake parts from the caliper, and the cable etc. Then take off the front plastic and hood. Follow the wires down from the perch. One set of wires will be connected together with a peice of plastic that plugs into another peice of plastic of the same size. That one you just unplug and wrap the exposed end with the electrical tape or duct tape. The other set of wires come down and the are seperate and each one is conected to a wire. Well you just unplug both of these and take the disconnected ends at the quad and plug them together. Then put all the plastic back on and you should be good to go, you can use the stock lever perch but its gonna be all empty and ugly looking so you can just buy a new lever and perch. :tup: :tup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Why doesnt anyone want the e-brake? I disconnected the wires for the switch because I was having problems with how the bike ran after I used the e-brake. That fixed my problem and I still retained the e-brake since I use it some times.

·
Registered
138 Posts
because they don't work anyway.
What part doesnt work? Mine holds when I park on an incline and leave the bike in neutral.

maybe you are one of the few with one that works. mine didn't work worth a crap and i've heard countless people say theirs doesn't either.

with mine i couldn't get it adjusted right. it would either be too loose to where the e-brake wouldn't grab or be too tight to where it made the pads drag on the rotor w/o being engaged.

besides it's easier to leave it in gear than to fumble with the lever up top.

·
Registered
37 Posts
because they don't work anyway.
What part doesnt work? Mine holds when I park on an incline and leave the bike in neutral.

maybe you are one of the few with one that works. mine didn't work worth a crap and i've heard countless people say theirs doesn't either.

with mine i couldn't get it adjusted right. it would either be too loose to where the e-brake wouldn't grab or be too tight to where it made the pads drag on the rotor w/o being engaged.

besides it's easier to leave it in gear than to fumble with the lever up top.
I adjusted mine and got it to work. Originally, the rear brake didnt work at all.

I leaveit in ghear when its parked, but I like to let it idle for a minute and warm up when it hasnt been used yet for the day. I only engage the park brake when Im non an incline. Thats how I found out the switch wasnt working right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts