Blue Traxx Forum banner

e brake and clutch

1K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Reckless 
#1 ·
ok today a bought a a tusk clutch kit w/ heavy duty springs and a Ebrake Block off plate.

few questions. on the ebrake thingy what do i do with the elictrical thing that plugs into the clutch perch?

also how hard is it to install the clutch. i know i have to soak the plates in used oil but be sides that?

thanks guys

#3 ·
Foxracin said:
Unplug it from the perch and follow it the wire down behind the radiator and unplug it from the connection and put electrical tape over the other end. IDK about the clutch tho. Good Luck :tup:
ok thanks,

anyone know About the clutch? or am i gunna have to pay somone to do it? :s96: i hate paying people to do it. its like burning your money

#4 ·
Did it come with onstructions? If so I don't think it is that difficult. I haven't done one myself but would try it before paying someone!

#6 ·
#9 ·
#10 ·
its t that bad to install a clutch. 1st you drain the oil out of teh bike, then take the clutch cover off, then take the nut off that holds the clutch in, then take teh old clutch out as a whole. then soak the new clutch in oil, instal it the way it says on the instructions. then reverse teh steps to put it back on :tup: not to tricky but make sure you torque every thing right

good luck :tup:

#11 ·
raptor88 said:
its t that bad to install a clutch. 1st you drain the oil out of teh bike, then take the clutch cover off, then take the nut off that holds the clutch in, then take teh old clutch out as a whole. then soak the new clutch in oil, instal it the way it says on the instructions. then reverse teh steps to put it back on :tup: not to tricky but make sure you torque every thing right

it says somethin about grindin off rivets or somthin. i dont own a grinder and id rather have someone help me who has done this before

#12 ·
Raptor515 said:
raptor88 said:

it says somethin about grindin off rivets or somthin. i dont own a grinder and id rather have someone help me who has done this before
rivets :wtf: i dont think there is a single rivet in there? mine didnt have any. but it is actually a very simple process. but before you dig in check your clutch adjustment on your perch it may be way to far out or something :tup:

#13 ·
o wait now that i read what that site had to say you only have to grind the rivets off to replace the basket not just the clutch plates.

#14 ·
raptor88 said:
o wait now that i read what that site had to say you only have to grind the rivets off to replace the basket not just the clutch plates.
ooh ok. i suck at reading. no wonder im failing english miserably! oh i think i can do it now. SWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! :hey: :)

#17 ·
Reckless said:
seems not that bad, might have to do one soon, what clutch you go with?
i heared awesome things about tusk products :tup: :tup: :tup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.