Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i get my car i am thinking about puttin in one ot two Audiobahn AW1206T subs. and i was wondering if these subs are good? cuz i think i wanted loud subs and what amp would you prefer?
and if anyone has any other ideas for subs share em! lol
(but i dont like cheap/knockoff brands :tdown:)
thanks ... l8r

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
i got 1 Audiobahn Flame Compression 12"... i love it... clean sound and hits very hard with 1200 watts...

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
worrgames3 said:
and what amp would you prefer?
thanks ... l8r
Back in the day when I was into car audio, I ran Kicker amps. They were their ZR series and they were impressive. No complaints and nothing but smiles.

For subs I ran JL Audio W3's. For a steel stamped basket subwoofer they hit hard and clean.

While I'm at it, for speakers I ran Boston Acoustic 6.4.3., they are three way separate. They were very impressive; clean and tight sound.

Ice

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Iceman said:
worrgames3 said:
thanks ... l8r
Back in the day when I was into car audio, I ran Kicker amps. They were their ZR series and they were impressive. No complaints and nothing but smiles.

For subs I ran JL Audio W3's. For a steel stamped basket subwoofer they hit hard and clean.

While I'm at it, for speakers I ran Boston Acoustic 6.4.3., they are three way separate. They were very impressive; clean and tight sound.

Ice
boston does make some nice speakers... and for the amp suggestion im running a older 1200 watt audiobahn... dont remember the model # off top of my head...

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are the rockford hx2's louder? or no? cuz my neighbor has 2 of them with a 1000watt power acustic(sp) amp and its pretty loud? .,.. im just kinda going for loudness

·
Registered
181 Posts
There are much better options than Audiobahn. JL, Adire, and Resonant Engineering all make really nice subs. All three use newer motor technologies to reduce distortion.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Iceman said:
worrgames3 said:
thanks ... l8r

Ice
agreed on the bostons.
also back in the day when i was a car audio geek, boston seperates were THE fronts and rears to have. i had the 5.25 fronts runnin to an mtx280 amp, the 6.5 rears to an mtx280 amp and 4-8 ohm mtx 5000 series subs runnin to 2 mtx2300 amps, mono loads on both ( is there really any other way to run subs other than mono? lol ) all routed through mtx's 3 way parametric active crossover. kenwood excellon cdx711 in the dash, kenwood 10 disk changer under the seat and kenwood's mini 7 band active EQ.

out of all the systems i have had ( and i have had ALOT of different componets), that system that i had in college was by far my fav setup.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm with Iceman. I've got 2 10" JL audio W3s in my tahoe with an old ass RF Punch 40 amp and they sound good and hit hard. I think the W3s would be a good investment.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My favorite system was/is a 1000 watt Clarion amp pushing 2 12" Ground Zero Hydrogen's in a ported box.
Crisp, clean bass that will absolutely make your head bleed. :tup: :tup:
Check out http://www.ground-zero-audio.com for more info. IMO the Hydrogen's are awesome, but they've got three model lines above that!!
They're not too common in the US though, so you may have to work a bit to find a dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts