Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still no spark. I'm totally stumped with this thing, I’ve tried/checked everything, ohmed out wires, nothing I do seems to work, I'm not even getting any spark what so ever now. Bought an aftermarket stator, same ohm as stock one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
very well could be the after market stator. try grounding the green wire on the reverse lever. you have tested everything with a meter and its to spec? have you replaced the key switch? did you buy it not running. the more details you give me the faster i can figure it out

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
very well could be the after market stator. try grounding the green wire on the reverse lever. you have tested everything with a meter and its to spec? have you replaced the key switch? did you buy it not running. the more details you give me the faster i can figure it out

Nothing tests "to spec" is what is bothering me. Both the stock and aftermarket stators test really close to the same but still aren't within the specs in the book.
Even the secondary on both the stock and aftermarket coils aren't within spec, I was trying to find out if that cdi is suppose to be getting 12volts but couldn't find any info, because I was only getting like 2 volts through the orange wire that goes from the cdi to the coil while it was turning over.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
you cant measure voltage to the orange wire generally signal to the primary coil is all you can really get out of that. to be in spec most of the pieces need to be tested at about 70 degrees. in general unless is is way out that is not the problem. as long as you dont show an open circuit you are generally good.
again did you buy it not running or did something happen and now it wont start?
have you or anyone else ever replaced the key switch
pull the plug and crank it over and look for a single spark when you shut the key off
ground the green wire on the shifter.
confirm all of the grounds are clean and tight
there is a small black wire that runs next to the big ground and plugs into the harness. it ground the harness and commonly comes unplugged
are any of the parts you replaced cheap ebay parts especially the stator or cdi

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you cant measure voltage to the orange wire generally signal to the primary coil is all you can really get out of that. to be in spec most of the pieces need to be tested at about 70 degrees. in general unless is is way out that is not the problem. as long as you dont show an open circuit you are generally good.
again did you buy it not running or did something happen and now it wont start?
have you or anyone else ever replaced the key switch
pull the plug and crank it over and look for a single spark when you shut the key off
ground the green wire on the shifter.
confirm all of the grounds are clean and tight
there is a small black wire that runs next to the big ground and plugs into the harness. it ground the harness and commonly comes unplugged
are any of the parts you replaced cheap ebay parts especially the stator or cdi

Thank you. The quad was not running when I bought it. The previous owner did not know why, he just told me it was not getting spark. Someone had been in the wiring harness messing around a bit but not too bad.
I had spark before, just extremely weak and now no spark at all.

I bought two used repalcement "working" CDI's off of members of the Warrior Page on Facebook, the 1st wouldn't even let me turn it over -- and I'm going to try the other one today. It still has the stock CDI in it. The Caltric stator was bought new Caltric Stator Compatible with Yamaha 1Yw-85510-21-00 2Nl-85510-20-00 2Xk-85510-20-00 and the new ignition coil Ignition Coil

I really appreciate the help. THanks

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
sometimes you have to swap the red and white wires on the caltrecs to get them to work. look close at the ignition if it has been replaced the aftermarket ones are all wired incorrectly. cranking and spark are not related on a warrior. crank is controlled by the 2 black relays and the starter solenoid. if its spins when you push the button its good. do and check the things i sugested and get back to me. that will give me a place to start.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it was definitely the CDI; original was junk, the first used “working” one I bought was junk, but the last one worked!

I also think the starting circuit relay is bad, because it won't turn over with the kill switch in the on position, I have to jump the solenoid with a screw driver. Super weird how it will turn over with the kill switch in the off position, but not in the on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As long as yours warrior is not an 87 or 88 you should be good
Thanks, Shoot I have an 87. I sort of knew they probably weren’t the right ones but couldn’t find the 87 option without going OEM at $$ per ball. Any idea where is a good source for them? I checked Dennis Kirk and others Rocky Motosport. I’ve spent like three hours trying to find them at a decent price lol

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Rocky Mountain is where I get my stuff. Got a pay to play sometimes. The good side the 87 88s are significantly stronger and have replaceable ball joints. I had an 87 for a while. Loved it but it was a hassle to get parts for sure

1 - 14 of 14 Posts