Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 87 warrior.. i completely hate pull start and its so stiff and don't have much money to rebuild it nor go buy another assembly. I was wonder if theres anyway to delete it because i dont want it plus im putting a straight shifter on and need more room which would be lovely. And in the mights of all i dont get spark which sucks and tomorrow i plan on taking my meter and going through the whole harness for the starter, and im hoping its my coil because if its my stator im S.O.L :s96:, to much money. so if anyone has tips i'd love to hear them. Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
the warrior is a good, tough quad but it has its share of issues....the electrical...every other site that i research for parts and other fixes to help me out all lead to the electrical parts....try checking your fuse and the relay switches...im not to sure on your year but overall i think yamaha really screwed up on putting the relay and fuses right by the tires where its exposed...im trying to picture your quad with a stra8 shifter on...is it like the type on street bikes? if last resort...sell your pull starter or see if anyone wants to swap but that would mean the entire wire harness too..also cdi, rectier, and everything else that goes with that harness..short words jus swap out your stator with the wire harness and everything else....good luck and hope to see some pictures up when your done with your quad

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the warrior is a good, tough quad but it has its share of issues....the electrical...every other site that i research for parts and other fixes to help me out all lead to the electrical parts....try checking your fuse and the relay switches...im not to sure on your year but overall i think yamaha really screwed up on putting the relay and fuses right by the tires where its exposed...im trying to picture your quad with a stra8 shifter on...is it like the type on street bikes? if last resort...sell your pull starter or see if anyone wants to swap but that would mean the entire wire harness too..also cdi, rectier, and everything else that goes with that harness..short words jus swap out your stator with the wire harness and everything else....good luck and hope to see some pictures up when your done with your quad
Lol, cant sell my broken pullstart i pulled it yesterday and bend the spring and some metal piece :( im thinking of getting sheet metal cutting it to same shape of pull start. and walla no more pulstart, and the shifter i have on know is the stock linkage peice of garbage.. ); so ill have way more room for anything else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts