Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here lost the stock Decompression Plug, (I've been thinging about replacing it) I've also been reading about the change of it coming out, what damage does it cause if it does ?

om

·
Registered
307 Posts
No damage but oil will shoot out. Good idea to replace it before your out riding one day and lose it and cant ride because of it. Mine shot out while riding and it sucked.

:tdown:

·
Administrator
19,170 Posts
As you can imagine, losing oil can cause damage, and that oil can also start a fire since it's shot right onto the header.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After closer inspection I can't find the rubber plug on my 05, I think maybe Yamaha has already fixed this problem??

om

·
Administrator
19,170 Posts
Oh, if you have an '05, yes, you don't have to worry about it; Yamaha fixed it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
a buddy and i were out riding threw the woods yesterday and he blew his plug out. What really sucked is that it was the first time i got to ride my 05 and didn't get to ride it but 20mins then had to go get my truck to haul his back. Luckly he was smart enough to notice it was smoking really bad and shut it off before it did any damage.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ya same here, it was smoking real bad so it was obivuios to shut it down and figure out what was wrong long before any damage could occur. But yes, I imagine if ya just kept riding while it was smoking then eventually you'd lose enough oil that serious damage would occur.

:nod:

·
Registered
45 Posts
replace it with an aftermarket one, can get them off this site I believe, or I have an extra, they go for $15 and you'll need a seal also (around $4)

·
Registered
91 Posts
i would know

Mine shot out when i was going pinned in 4th gear and my quad shot a flame through my leg then up into the air...Toasted my header and shot oil into my radiator..Sucked alot

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
When we were riding, Trinity727raptor's plug blew out on his YFZ. They stuck a penny in there and kept riding :shrug:

But yeah, if you have an 05 then you're all good :tup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Get the thumpertalk deconpression plug. Its totally different than the stock one, and it wont blow out. But agian, if its a 05 you dont havta worry.

·
Registered
22 Posts
plug

Hey D5-yfz-hs-racer I too was ripped off by loons, he took my money but never shipped my part, I paid him five months ago. Is your extra decompression plug the one Thumpertalk sells?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Decomp Plug

I thin k so, but a local machine shop made these + the OEM Yamaha seal.

Loons will get whats coming to him sooner or later.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Since it looks like you have an '05 you do not need the decomp plug. If you, or your friends have an '04, then I would would upgrade ASAP as it will ruin a perfectly good ride/trip and make a mess.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts