Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After talking it over with my dad, he said I can either get a 05 black 450r with the HRC kit installed in it or something else. I am going to be racing MX and if I got the 450r it would be mainly all stock except for the HRC kit and the basic MX mods, like nerfs, kill switch, etc.

I also have another choice. That choice would be a MX Z/KFX 440 thats built. Like 440 motor (maybe Yoshi 450 if Im lucky and can find one), +2 a-arms, +4 axle, Elkas, beadlocks, bars, bumpers, nerfs, and a lot more, pretty much a decked out MX quad.

I will have to pay for both quads in the end but I will only have to pay for half then pay him back in payments. Im not sure which one to get though. I was thinking the MX Z/KFX because it will be better handling, have better suspension, etc. The R will have more power, but the Zs handling and suspension will make up for it.

Im not sure what I want yet, I need some opinions.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I will. But riding it around a yard or a dealerships parking lot wont really help me. I need to get it on the MX track to see which one I like the feel of better. None of my friends have a 450r and my one friend has a Z400, mainly stock so it wont really help in the decision very much.

The 450r will be mainly stock except HRC kit, nerfs, tires, bars, bumper, numberplates, K+N filter w/ pro flow kit, and maybe a Sparks exhaust.

The Z400 will be decked out with a 440 motor or maybe a Yoshi 450 if I can find one. It will have a-arms, axle, suspension, etc.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
i would go with the 450r, but oone question, what does hrc mean?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
450r :tup:
Hrc is a company. they make a big bore for the 450r

·
Registered
984 Posts
2MuChRoOsT said:
No, Hrc is Honda's performance parts division. Like G.Y.T.R IS yamaha's. Same thing.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
2MuChRoOsT said:
Hrc is actually the honda performance kit that includes a cam, air box lid, and new spark arrestor for 300 bucks. I would take the lid off, take the baffle out, and get a good set of cams instead for less and have more power but its your choice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts