Blue Traxx Forum banner

Do you believe in the death sentence?

  • Yes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

    Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am all for it, so long as it is actually done in a somewhat rapid manner (within around 5 years or so.) Nevada has people that have been camped out on Death Row for 20+ years, and probably will die of old age, wasting a lot of NV's money tying up the courts.
If they are just allowed to make appeal after appeal, then it does nothing but waste more money than if the convict was just sentenced to life w/o parole.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,520 Posts
Texas is a roll model in manners of death penalty exicution :tup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
I think they should only be allowed one appeal. Then after they have two weeks(or less). End of story!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,034 Posts
I agree man, do something stupid, die.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
I think that if someone commits a serious offense, such as murder, things of that manner, should rot in a prison cell for the rest of their lives. The death penalty is like an easy way out for them. I know Id much rather get sentenced the death penalty then life without parole. I know with the crowding of jails and such this wouldnt work out, but it would be better I think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,044 Posts
wideopen said:
I think that if someone commits a serious offense, such as murder, things of that manner, should rot in a prison cell for the rest of their lives. The death penalty is like an easy way out for them. I know Id much rather get sentenced the death penalty then life without parole. I know with the crowding of jails and such this wouldnt work out, but it would be better I think.
Thats what I always thought. No one deserves to die ... If you kill some one how do you expect your soul to rest? Even if you kill " Them back " for killing some one. Self-Defense is a Dif. Story. There are alot of innocent people in prison believe it or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,635 Posts
AyeKay said:
wideopen said:
I think that if someone commits a serious offense, such as murder, things of that manner, should rot in a prison cell for the rest of their lives. The death penalty is like an easy way out for them. I know Id much rather get sentenced the death penalty then life without parole. I know with the crowding of jails and such this wouldnt work out, but it would be better I think.
Thats what I always thought. No one deserves to die ... If you kill some one how do you expect your soul to rest? Even if you kill " Them back " for killing some one. Self-Defense is a Dif. Story. There are alot of innocent people in prison believe it or not.
Yup, that is like this example...

" MOM!, big brother stole my pudding!"... so then the mom tells a random stranger on the street and he goes to the house where the kid got his pudding stole and he slaps the kid in the mouth, when the stranger had nothing to do with it.


Sorry, this is as good as an example I could think of :lmao: But I think death penalty's are wrong, I would bet that over 98 percent of them people in prison for a long time would rather be dead, since it is the easiest way out for them. I personally would rather let them sit in their cell, feed them, then starve them for days, and then feed them and make them suffer for the rest of their life :tup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,937 Posts
AyeKay said:
wideopen said:
I think that if someone commits a serious offense, such as murder, things of that manner, should rot in a prison cell for the rest of their lives. The death penalty is like an easy way out for them. I know Id much rather get sentenced the death penalty then life without parole. I know with the crowding of jails and such this wouldnt work out, but it would be better I think.
Thats what I always thought. No one deserves to die ... If you kill some one how do you expect your soul to rest? Even if you kill " Them back " for killing some one. Self-Defense is a Dif. Story. There are alot of innocent people in prison believe it or not.
true, but if some guys kills a person purposely, like some of those sick mo'fo's out there that kill there wives and what not :no: they should get the death, if they decided to kill someone they should die as well..

I say either that, of lock him up in a small cell by him self in the dark for the rest of his life.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
kill their sorry worthless butts. I don't want to pay for their time in prison. :s96:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,679 Posts
I believe in the death sentence but only for serious offenses. If someone murders another purposely, they should have the same in return.

For you people that think rotting in jail is worse then the death sentence, I think differently. Imagine being in death row or knowing for weeks and months at a time that soon and on a certain date, you are going to be killed. Knowing this is a lot worse then thinking to yourself everyday that your gunna wake up and eat and maybe think about what you did wrong. Even if its to the point where its not worth thinking about cause its so bad, your still waking up everyday. Waking up and knowing that your going to live is better then waking up for only 2-3 weeks and knowing that you will be killed. Not saying at all that it shouldn't be done, but I personally would rather live and have a chance of getting out then knowing a few thousand volts of electricity will be frying my brain in the near future. :shrug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
603 Posts
nitrotmann said:
kill their sorry worthless butts. I don't want to pay for their time in prison. :s96:
You pay for their execution as well. The death sentance costs nearly $400,000 alone. Not to mention the trails, and appeals, and everything else we pay for.

Anyway, I'm all for it! If someone did somthing bad enough that the courts are considering a death sentance, they probably deserve it. But i also think there should have to be overwheling effidence that the defendant actually commited the crime. Its bad enough locking up a inocent person, let alone putting them to death.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,937 Posts
PunkONaRAPTOR said:
Just wondering, how many of you are christians?
I am..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,974 Posts
Cvillecoldblood said:
I believe in the death sentence but only for serious offenses. If someone murders another purposely, they should have the same in return.

For you people that think rotting in jail is worse then the death sentence, I think differently. Imagine being in death row or knowing for weeks and months at a time that soon and on a certain date, you are going to be killed. Knowing this is a lot worse then thinking to yourself everyday that your gunna wake up and eat and maybe think about what you did wrong. Even if its to the point where its not worth thinking about cause its so bad, your still waking up everyday. Waking up and knowing that your going to live is better then waking up for only 2-3 weeks and knowing that you will be killed. Not saying at all that it shouldn't be done, but I personally would rather live and have a chance of getting out then knowing a few thousand volts of electricity will be frying my brain in the near future. :shrug:
:nod:

We read a book once about two men who were discussing the same topic. One said that it was better to live any way than not to live at all. In the end, one man ended up sitting in prision for 15 years just to prove how much better it was than dying. The man ended up learning so many things through books and stuff that he was completely changed. He valued little things but hated a lot of other things. Interesting story :shrug:

Anyway, I think if you do something bad enough, then you should be killed in return. Depending on your life, sometimes sitting in prision is better than being out on the streets.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,267 Posts
PunkONaRAPTOR said:
Just wondering, how many of you are christians?
I am a Christian as most of you know and I am for the death penalty in cases where a person has been murdered in cold blood. I also think rape you be a death penalty case as well! The reason for my beliefs are also very Biblical. It says a person should be put to death if they go out and kill in cold blood. I don't however think wrongly or negatively of a person who is against the death penalty. I understamd they may feel it is wrong to take the life of a person who has taken a life in cold blood. I won't rip on them for how they feel because maybe it is not in the personality to have those feelings so I'm not going to bash them. But my beliefs are very much backed up by the Bible and that is why I believe what I do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
Kill them. Many people do not derserve a second chance on life. I don't even want to give them the chance to find god and be saved. I say kill them fast that way we know they will go to hell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,873 Posts
I think they should re-institute the firing squad. After all....a few $0.07 bullets are much cheaper than a $100K injection :hey:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,635 Posts
ATC Crazy said:
I think they should re-institute the firing squad. After all....a few $0.07 bullets are much cheaper than a $100K injection :hey:
lmao, I am all for that idea! :tup:
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top