Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo I ordered a brand new hood for my warrior and was looking at custom racing hoods, and noticed no one makes one for these bikes. I have been a body man for about 6 years, pretty handy with fiberglass. Soo I decided to make my own, took me about 4 hours to make the template and lay the resins, looks great, not very heavy, and not too goddy. I plan on painting this with custom automotive paint with alot of flex agent to keep from cracking, all in all I have built this hood for less than $85. My question is how many of you would like something like this? I will have pics posted up of it by tomorrow night. Just let me know.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I started on one, got a trmplate made and planed on using 22 gauge steel and removable. But it has been on the back burner for a while. Got the template on a shelf.

cant wait to see pics of yours, and a price. I know there is more people interested in this, we talk about it every few months on another warrior forum I'm on www.yfm350.com I'm sure there is some peeps on there interested also

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good elwood, mine follows the style lines down and tapers inward at the front I based if off the Honda 250r hood. I thought about using steel but like you said these bikes are front heavy and figured Fiberglass would be the way to go.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Heres one Ive been working on, I just molded fiberglass on a stock hood for the temp. I need to finish it yet and get a mold made.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Soo I ordered a brand new hood for my warrior and was looking at custom racing hoods, and noticed no one makes one for these bikes. I have been a body man for about 6 years, pretty handy with fiberglass. Soo I decided to make my own, took me about 4 hours to make the template and lay the resins, looks great, not very heavy, and not too goddy. I plan on painting this with custom automotive paint with alot of flex agent to keep from cracking, all in all I have built this hood for less than $85. My question is how many of you would like something like this? I will have pics posted up of it by tomorrow night. Just let me know.
Do you have pictures of finished product if so text it too my phone 609 432 6451 I'm looking too either buy one and fab it or see if anyone has made one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts