Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just figured out about how Curtis Sparks now has a big core insert that widens the core and the end cap up 1/4 inch. Here are some of my questions that me (and many other Curtis Sparks owners) may want to know. Sparks web site does not suply a picture if you have any please post.

Do you like the sound of the Big Core?

Is it louder?

Does it look good?

Does it add any power?

If so, where is the power band most helped?

Is there some power lost in the power band?

Finally, is it worth it?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a Pro Circuit pipe which has various end caps. Other than slightly changing the sound of the pipe, I haven't noticed a difference between the 1.75" and 2" end cap. I know it's a different pipe but I wouldnt get too excited

·
Registered
281 Posts
sparks quiet core.

the bigger core is actually their quiet core. i had it in mine a took it back out. when i took it back out i did some other things so i am not sure about the power difference. i'd like to know too. but the core is larger but has deeper lips in the core to help absorb the sound. it comes straight out instead of turning down, and it takes the very loud crack out of the sound. its more of a thump then a crack with the quiet core. i have it sitting on my shelf and was consideringh putting it basck in, but am not sure. i wanna call sparks and ask them if the quiet core needs jettinmg changes, that answer should tell about the power

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A friend of mine always goes to the pro races. And I asked him about it and he said that he doesn't know about the power but he knows it will be louder. He said all the pro racers with the big cores (Tim Farr) have the loudest pipes by far. But who knows, the engines on those bikes are modded to hell, but maybe it is louder anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts