Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I SEE THAT A FEW OF U HAVE THE CC 686, HOW FAST R THEY WILL THAY SPANK A PIPED YFZ, OR HASE ANYONE HAD ANY PROBS WITH THE WORK FROM CRAYCRAFT

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
CR bikes are very well built and have great performance. I'm still stock bore and dont have any problems with piped yfz's, so I dont see a 55hp 686 build having problems with any cam modded and piped yfzs.

I'm sure there will be plenty of cr owners chiming in here in a minute. Listen to them. They have spent thousands on thier engine builds and if they werent happy you would hear about it, but they only have good things to say.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Absolutely no concerns/complaints with Craycraft and I've spent a ton of money there. If you can get into 3rd gear on a CR686, there isn't a YFZ around that will touch you. On very short drags though, you'd better have your launch perfected or you might get surprised. It has nothing to do with the Raptor motor builder, YFZs are very quick out of the hole.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Nothing but good things to say. I run a pump gas Craycraft and (spank)is a nice way of putting it.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
SCHOLLE said:
Nothing but good things to say. I run a pump gas Craycraft and (spank)is a nice way of putting it.
What does your pump gas Cracraft consist of? Just a lower compression piston?

Also, if you do not mind me asking, how much did you pay for it and what all was done. Thanks. :tup:

·
Registered
538 Posts
I run the 10.75:1 Ross piston 686 bore. I had everything replaced or upgraded,rod trans etc.oversize valves,port work modified carbs all the goodies.Pricing depends on what you want.The best thing to do is call.
Any builder worth going to will take the time to talk to you and go over different options. I will warn you parts and work can get expensive quick!
Ask anyone who has major engine work on thiers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts