Blue Traxx Forum banner

Cracked Head

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  prospector 
#1 ·
Just got done riding today and noticed a one inch crack in my head right behind the decompression hole. Bike ran really good all day,I could not tell a difference in the performance. I checked the oil and it is not milky or anything. My question is this if it is just a surface crack can I weld it and be okay? If the crack goes all the way through will I ruin anything by continuing to ride it? I don't want to buy a head if I don't have to. Also what may have caused this? Is there something else I need to fix to prevent this from getting worse and/or happening again?

#2 ·
You may be fine for now, but your head will continue to crack until it splits rifht open. I would not mess around with it. Take it off and inspect it. You may be able to have a machine shop "V" out the crack and fill it back in with the welder. If you wait and keep riding there will be nothing left to fix. Also, check the price of a new head. May not be worth the money to weld it. Try to get it waranteed also. May work out for you. My dealer has surprised me with some of the stuff that he has pushed through the warantee department for me. Good luck.

#3 ·
well if you havent had the bike long then you should get warentee because it is a manufacturing problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.